Hysterectomy Community
Hormone test
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hormone test

I aimed for this to go to Mary53, but if anyone else can help I would like to know.  She mentioned taking a hormone test every 3-4 months.  What test exactly does she take?  I have tried to get 2 different gyns (men) to test my panel and they ask me what hormones do I want tested?  How do I know, I'm not the doctor?  They also tell me that it is very expensive, my insurance paid for $3000 worth of enbrel a month for the time they said I had ankylosing spondylitis what makes them think or even suggest it won't get paid?  It always seems that when I suggest any kind of test no matter what doctor they act like I'm stupid and that can't be it.  The pains everyone describes makes me feel more and more everyday like that is the problem.  Do any of you have trouble standing up straight or having trouble taking stairs?  When I have really bad days I am bent over otherwise it's just the stairs, I can't lift my right side of my hip enough.  Until my doctor put me on lasix I would swell up in my feet and legs to my knees, sometimes you couldn't even tell I had ankles or feet.  I am taking promethium (progesterone) which the doctor told me to insert below, and testosterone cream on wrists what else should be looked at?