Hysterectomy Community
Hormone test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Hormone test

I aimed for this to go to Mary53, but if anyone else can help I would like to know.  She mentioned taking a hormone test every 3-4 months.  What test exactly does she take?  I have tried to get 2 different gyns (men) to test my panel and they ask me what hormones do I want tested?  How do I know, I'm not the doctor?  They also tell me that it is very expensive, my insurance paid for $3000 worth of enbrel a month for the time they said I had ankylosing spondylitis what makes them think or even suggest it won't get paid?  It always seems that when I suggest any kind of test no matter what doctor they act like I'm stupid and that can't be it.  The pains everyone describes makes me feel more and more everyday like that is the problem.  Do any of you have trouble standing up straight or having trouble taking stairs?  When I have really bad days I am bent over otherwise it's just the stairs, I can't lift my right side of my hip enough.  Until my doctor put me on lasix I would swell up in my feet and legs to my knees, sometimes you couldn't even tell I had ankles or feet.  I am taking promethium (progesterone) which the doctor told me to insert below, and testosterone cream on wrists what else should be looked at?
Mary is a very good friend of mine I believe shehas a combo of bio identical espescially made for her system. go to marys home page she has a jurnal a few of em w much info\\\\

Estrogen? its good for the bones I could write a book what I have been through my three cervical intervrtable disc all but dissapeared Im still recovering from surgery have donor bones I am awating a bone desity test .Not wishing to scare you and bio identical or any hormone replacement is so contravesrial. I personaly think bio is ok not premarine Mary agrees w this. premarine is a old med.
ask for a full thyrodi panel   I dont know why buy many many women develop thryroid usually hypo after  hyster ask for a full female hormone blood panel if you have retained ovaries ask for CA125 also

personally I like paches easy to apply ad u know your getting correct dose, I use Vivelle its estrogen only works for me for nowdoesnt meanits right for you. it is a good product and is bio identical...read as much as you can on bio identical therapy

btw Mary answeres very few ifany questions thats why she wrote the journals she is a teacher and very busy in personal life currently.