Hysterectomy Community
Hormones
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hormones

Hi.  I had a hysterectomy 13 years ago.  I kept my ovaries. My questions is: I recently had hormone levels tested.  

Estradiol 173
FSH  8.1
LH  3.2

Two years ago, my FSH was 4.  Do you think that I could benefit from some estrogen.  I am having symptoms, but I am also hypothyroid, so sometimes it is hard to distinguish between the two.

I think that I had read somewhere that the FSH really tells you about ovarian reserve, and that a level between 6-9 is "ok."

Please advise.  Thank you.