How Long to Wait for Intercourse?
My wie is scheduled for a hysterectomy. The doctor is going to use arthroscopic surgery to remove the uterus, one ovary and fallopian tune, and part of the cervix. My wife had me go to the last doctor's appointment with her, and we got most questions answered, but I was a little sheepish to ask--How long will it be before we can try to have intercourse?

Certainly, if my wife has pain or discomfort, we won't try, or will stop. But, I guess I'm trying to get geared up for however long I'm going to have to hold out.

Thanks.
Perfectly good question to ask.

I had my consult with my gyno Tues. & not being sheepish for me & my husband's sake she said 6-8 weeks, but some women will need to take something incase they have a decreased libdio.

It also depends how your wife heals. Make sure and ask after surgery although they may tell you after surgery the do's and don'ts, they should..
Thanks.