Hysterectomy, Anxiety, Ovarian Cysts
Has anyone out there had depression, anxiety and numbness when Herxing?
I am having some bad spells of crying, which is making me feel somewhat anxious.  I don't like taking anxiety pills cause they make me so drowsy that I barely function.  As it is, I'm barely functioning now.  I recently had surgery of a complete hysterectomy and just read that a lot of these are because of tumors directly related to lyme bacteria.  I've come across this 3 times now, so this information is telling me that there is no coincindence that I had a tumor growth first and now I must get to treating this bacteria.  I also spoke with a customer service rep for the Fibro and Fatigue Center who also said in all her seven years of doing this job she has heard many stories of women who have had hysterectomies that also have Fibromyalgia, so for me I'm finding there is a direct link.  Anyone else out there who can sheds some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it.  Our bodies work in unison and one thing affects another, they are definitely not separate illnesses.  
Your Dr can easily take a blood test to see if you indeed have bacteria in your system. If you do, then you go from there and get it treated.
What your going through is not uncommon after having a hysterectomy. Have you thought about hormone replacement? I think it would be a good idea to ask your Dr what your options are. We of course can not tell you what meds to take, only give our opinions. And my opinion would be to stay away from Premarin if it's offered to you by your Dr. Yes, our bodies do work in unison. But if someone has to have this kind of surgery there's nothing wrong with giving your body what it needs, hormones. Of course that's a personal choice for all of us. I opted for hormones and I'm so glad I did.
We're here to help and support you any way we can.    Remar
Oh, and about the Fibro symptoms. Have your vitamin levels checked. Especially your B and D levels. If they're low it can cause joint, muscle pain, depression and anxiety. Also have your thyroid checked. It seems like many of us that have hysterectomies can develop thyroid problems.     Remar
Thanks for the help.  My thyroid levels were the issue in the very beginning and now are as of the last test in the normal range, the lower end of the range.  I have had all the the blood levels checked for everything.  All my vitamins were tested and again they are all within the normal range.  I'm seeing my gynecologist this morning and tell him that I am further pursuing my health by going to a Fibro and Fatigue Center in Seattle this weekend.  I have an appointment with a Dr. there for Feb. 22, 2011 at 8:45 a.m.  They check for everything, including lyme which is clearly what I think the culprit is for me.  I've had testing done here in Canada and it was the ELISA and it came back negative, however so did a toe fungal nail come back negative twice from my doctor and then I paid to get it tested and it was positive.  Go figure.  I believe this system is not looking hard enough to find answers for their patients.  So I have to go elsewhere to get answers and help.