Hysterectomy Community
Hysterectomy after inverted uterus.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hysterectomy after inverted uterus.

Hi, I'm 32 years old. I have two children (7 & 2) and after delivering my second child there was a really complicated situation where I started bleeding a lot and was told that my uterus was inverted and was taken to the OR so the doctor would "push it back in place".  I recovered and was told that it would be very risky to try to have children again.  I thought about about an optional hysterectomy (if there is such a thing) a short time after delivery to avoid any problems in the future. However I have found myself thinking about it more often now because I have noted that after this inverted uterus situation I am very prone to abdominal pain every time I lift a heavy object, exercise heavily, and/ or bend down repetitively. Would a Hysterectomy be advisable if in fact this pain is being caused by an uterus that has being permanently damaged due to its inversion after delivery?