Aa
A
A
Close
Hysterectomy for Adenomyosis post menopause?
My diagnosis and symptoms of Anenomyosis occurred post menopause. I'm 56 and have just started 8 months ago with heavy post menopausal bleeding with clots and cramps. I got off HRT 1 1/2 years ago. Doctor is recommending hysterectomy but I thought Adeno went away on it's own post menopause. Any advise? Should I wait for it to go away? Symptoms are terrible, heavy bleeding daily with only a one day break here and there. (also been diagnosed
with mild to moderate vaginal prolapse with cystocele but doing okay with that: one more reason for hysterctomy but
I'm hesitant)
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
Adenomyosis may be associated with post menopausal bleeding. Post menopausal, Hysterectomy is probably over 80% effective in eliminating pain and abnormal bleeding. There are medications for treating adenomyosis but it seems to recur after discontinuing the therapy. A progesterone intrauterine contraceptive device can also be used to improve irregular bleeding. you can talk to your gynecologist regarding this treatment option also.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources