Hysterectomy for Adenomyosis post menopause?
My diagnosis and symptoms of Anenomyosis occurred post menopause. I'm 56 and have just started 8 months ago with heavy post menopausal bleeding with clots and cramps. I got off HRT 1 1/2 years ago. Doctor is recommending hysterectomy but I thought Adeno went away on it's own post menopause. Any advise? Should I wait for it to go away? Symptoms are terrible, heavy bleeding daily with only a one day break here and there. (also been diagnosed
with mild to moderate vaginal prolapse with cystocele but doing okay with that: one more reason for hysterctomy but
I'm hesitant)
Adenomyosis may be associated with post menopausal bleeding. Post menopausal, Hysterectomy is probably over 80% effective in eliminating pain and abnormal bleeding. There are medications for treating adenomyosis but it seems to recur after discontinuing the therapy. A progesterone intrauterine contraceptive device can also be used to improve irregular bleeding. you can talk to your gynecologist regarding this treatment option also.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.