Aa
A
A
Close
IS A UTI NORMAL AFTER COMPLETE HYSTERECTOMY?
I HAD A COMPLETE HYSTERECTOMY 20 YRS AGO AFTER BIRTH OF 2 BOYS, DR PUT ME ON HORMONE REPLACEMENT PILLS, AFTER APPROX 15  YRS WANTED TO GET OFF OF MEDICATION.  AFTER STOPPING APPROX. 1 MO OR SO  BEGAN TO HAVE TERRIBLE PAINS AS THOUGH UTI,  PAIN DURING URINATION, NO BLEEDING, WENT BACK TO DR HE PUT ME ON MACRADATEN,  BUT FROM TIME TO TIME THE UTI CONTINUED, I HAVE SENCE TAKEN MYSELF OFF THE HORMONE PILLS, VERY SLOWLY, LITTLE AT A TIME, THE UTI HAVE GOTTEN BETTER, AND TAKE MACRADATEN ONCE IN A WHILE, BUT STILL CONTINUE TO GET LIGHT UTI.  IS THIS NORMAL TO EXPERIENCE PAIN AS A UTI, WITH THE DECREASE OF HORMONES?  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
599170 tn?1300977493
Im not sure how you know you had a UTI, they can be quite serious, you mean a urinary tract infection right? if left untreated ( cipro and bladder pain meds) it can effect kidneys etc,,) a uti symptoms are hesitancy in urination to get flow going, pain/burning some blood tinge in urine and often after a few days fever, people get very very ill from this if untreated to the point of being hospitalised on IVs..

I do not think what you esperiencing sounds normal at all,Ive not heard of a relatioship between female hormones and urinary tract infections,,,utis are often cause by being catherised, using too much perfumey bubblebath etc..

I really think you should see a gyno and perhaps a urologist too.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources