Incontinence
I am 3 weeks post-op for a partial hysterectomy and suddenly developed incontinence.  I had bladder spasms within the first 7 days of surgery, but they went away.  This just came on suddenly, and I don't see my doctor till Monday.  This is horrible.  I have never birthed children, only pushed to eliminate my colon in the past.  Sometimes I have waited too long to go and have leaked prior to surgery, but it was from being too busy.
The minute I stand I leak.  I have to wear maxi pads.  Last night was worse where once it was running down my leg.  HELP, I've never had this problem before.
HI,
Firstly you need to rule out urinary tract infection. Also it is important to see your Doctor to rule out post –operative complications like a vescico-vaginal fistula. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Yes, it is a UTI...she said a pretty good one.  She also checked for a fistula and didn't completely rule it out.  I was leaking so bad when she checked me she may have allowed urine inside.  However she did have me cough many times and kept having me sit up and laid me back down to check and then said she didn't see anything.  So the first time may have been a fluke.  I have just never had a UTI before and I have never lost control like this before.  It is utterly miserable and I am captive to the house.  I am hoping my antibiotic kicks in and decreases symptoms.
SInce I had the bladder spasms and now the UTI, don't you think that my bladder is just inflammed, out of whack from surgery and it's causing all my issues?  Should I also be on something to slow down the bladder?
Thank you