Is it normal to have severe lower back pains after hysterectomy
I had a total abdominal hysterectomy about 8 weeks ago. I still feel pain in my lower abdomen, which I was told was normal and I feel it swelling by the end of the day having spent 7 hours in the office. What concerns me the most is the severe lower back pains. Regardless of what I do, it's there. I can be sitting or standing or lying down, it's just painful. I have a hard time bending down to pick up something off the floor. Is that normal?
It seems that about 1/2 of the women reporting post op pains include LBP. it is reasoned by doctors that it is due to the cutting of muscles during the surgery. Most women are fine within a month to 6 weeks as far as the back pain goes. I suffered from this post op also, my doctor went as far as to explain it could be partially due to the positon one is physically placed in during the surgical procedure. Also if your uterus was enlarged and placing pressure on organs causing pressure on spine, your body is adjusting to new anantomy.

Im hoping you reported this at your 6 week post op..When bending bend with the knees not at the waist, and perhaps try an ice pack on the spine , sometimes cold works far better than heat to reduce pain..If your not feeling better with in a few days I would recommed reporting back to the doctor.

Best wishes,,cherie
Hi there,
I agree with Cherie!!! One other possibility is that when they removed your uterus and cut the ligaments that hold it in place, you are having referred pain from that. It definitely should settle down, but again, agreeing with Cherie, wouldn't hurt to give the doctor a call. Did you have endo? That can be another culprit for post op back pain. I hope you feel better soon and get some relief. Pain is no fun, especially after the surgery you had.
Good luck and keep us posted
Laney
I am currently alow having back pain and lower abdomen pain. My drain area was still bleeding up until Monday this week. I am still taking my pain pills but I am afraid because I am driving and going back to work but I can't sleep at night due to the pain, I am having trouble standing up straight but I think this is due to the 2nd time they cut my stomach wide open. Did any one have their pubic area cut as well, they cut me from my puebic area to under my sturnom?

Sandie
I slipped and fell on wet floor 13 months ago, The terrible pains never went away, anyway  9 months after the fall I did partial hysterectomy at the end the back pains are even worst.An xray reveals a bulge in the disc but that was before the operation ,What can i do?
Hi all,
I am three months post hysterectomy and instead feel like I have gotten one other kind of trouble. When I stand just for about 20-30 minutes, I feel this pain at the back that goes right down to my waist and the incision area. As for the office, it's become like a night mare because by the time I get back home I am so tired and my waist aches so badly. Also, I feel this lower abdominal pinching pain from time to time. I actually am not half as active as i used to be! Please can someone help me here?
Hello Clarado i am feeling the same as you my dear,also 3 months post TVH,no as active as before and for 2 weeks now having this terrible lower back paid,taking painkillers alot,if someone has a natural remedy for us to help,please do.