Hysterectomy Community
Is it safe to take Lupron after Hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

I have had endometriosis since the age of 12, am now 42 yo.  I had bso hysterectomy last July.  My dr. believes a little bit of endo remains behind my cervix (kept that).

My dr. would like me to take 3 mos. of lupron to suppress any remaining endo.  Is this safe to do after bso hysterectomy?
I am sorry for what youve been through I m  sure not a Dr . But what does he supose will happen when you discontinue the Leupron? I hav NEVER heard of this and I have answered about 3 thousand questions...Leupron is often used instead of a hyster..most women dont like it because it can cause depression, crying spells etc..

Why would surgeon not remove the little bit of endo behind cervix..makes no sense to me?

Id really suggest strongly to get one more highly recommended gyn. opinion on this.
Did Dr present suggestion of doing a simple lap to remove remaining tissue ?
Good question, I don't know what he thinks will happen w/ the endo after Lupron is completed; perhaps he thinks it won't continue to grow?  I'm not sure.  I think I'll ask that question via e-mail to him.

He said that Lupron is commonly used after surgery (didn't specify whether laparoscopic or hyster) to treat any unseen endo.  I wouldn't be against another laparoscopy to remove the remaining endo.  Thanks so much for your input!
Leupron is simply a injection,,,,usually monthly at same date if possible,

The good of a lap to remove the endo is it would probably work,.
the bad is every time you have a abdominal procedure, your increasing risks of adhesions.  this is a risk you should discuss with him, then you need to weight out your decision.

Leupron has many negative side effects please do some searches on it.