Hysterectomy Community
Leg and hip pain after totel hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

4798801?1251068644
I had my total lapascopic hysterectomy Oct.2008. I'm having severe hip and leg pain every night and day. What can I do? My doctor took me off the hormone replacement patch due to my major endometriosis and want me to heal compleately first. I been off the patch for three months now. The pain is all the way to my feet, when I sleep or when I sit. I dont know what to do or what to take. Please please help me. My abdoninal pain still exist as well. But my hip and leg pain out wiegh any other pain I have.
Did you have ovaries removed? by total hysterectomy thats what most people mean you had your surgery almost one year ago and dr thinks your still healing? Id think youd be completley healed quite some time ago, and I do not understand taking you off the HRT patch because it was contibuting to endometriosis, estrogen can feed endo tissue, I am assuming you were on a estrogen patch, right?

Pain  from hip to feet? have you been in a car accidnet or had a slip and fall any other trauma besides the surgery.? there is no reason I can even think of for pain to radiate from hip to foot other than a neurological issue, does your toes ever get tingly or numb? any spinal pain?

I would suggest a return visit to your gyno he may need to remove some more endo tissue or scar tissue, he will likely do a diagnostic lap.

I dont think you leg to foot/feet pain is related to the hyster, please consult a neurologist.

All the best and nice photo, maybe the high heels? LOL JK

I seriously wish you the best if you have any more direct questions or infor for me please get back w me and I will do my best.
C
Hello!  I too had a total hysterectomy.  I woke up screaming in pain...from my legs.  The nurse said it was from being in the stirrups with my knees pushed up to my armpits too long and would get better with time.  It has been 9 months and the pain is still there when I sit for too long and when I get up in the mornings.  My legs ache horribly  and burn by the end of the day, at first my viens in my legs would stick out grotesquely. That doesnt happen much any more.  That Dr told me he just doesnt know why im having all these problems.  I even have the lymph nodes in my groin swell if I sit too long.  I am convinced that the nurse post op was on to something.  Maybe ask your Dr. about the position you were in for the surgery.  May have caused nerve damage from being "pinched" off for too long