Leg pain after hysterectomy
I had a complete abdominal hysterectomy on November 7, 2008.  About three weeks ago I began to experience tingling in my toes and top of my left foot followed by a burning pain on the side of my calf muscle that radiates up into my hip and causes pain in the lower left side of my abdomen.  I only experience this pain when I begin to walk or when I stand in place for 15 to 20 minutes.  I have discussed this with my doctor.  He ordered an x-ray and an ultra sound for blood clots.  Both were negative.  Has anyone else had this experience?
Has your doctor mentioned sciatica or testing of the sciatic nerve?
Thanks Cherie.  My doctor has not metioned testing of the sciatica nerve.  He prescribed Neurontin and it is finally starting to feel a little better.  I have an appointment to see a neurologist.
I had a partial hysterectomy Oct. of last year...The first few weeks I felt great and then I found out I developed a VVF ( fistula) which means I had a hole in my urine tube ...could have been from my sutures...I was referred to a Urologist who put a stent in for 6 weeks...Imediately my leg began to pain extremly !...I have had the stent out for about 3 weeks and reported to the Doctor that my right leg had burning throbbing pains during and after the stent...but I was told it was not due to the stent...sigh...so now I have surgery this Friday to fix the fistula which involves a re- implantation of my uterer into my bladder and another 6 weeks of this stent and extreme PAIN in my right leg from my groin to my feet...any advice...whats a irl to do..I am only 39 and have a small children and fatigue to the point that I feel I can not take care of them...I just need hope...