Hysterectomy Community
MEDICATED DOUCHING AFTER HYSTERECTOMY
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MEDICATED DOUCHING AFTER HYSTERECTOMY

HI,

I HAD A COMPLETE HYSTERECTOMY IN JANUARY AND UNTIL RECENTLY HAVE BEEN SHOWERING.  I'VE STARTED TAKING MY BATHS AND ALL OF  SUDDEN THERE IS A SLIGHT IRRITATION (I GUESS BECAUSE OF THE SOAP), SO I CHANGED TO A MILDER ONE...BUT NOW I HAVE SLIGHT DISCHARGE...NOT SMELLY BUT NONETHELESS A DISCHARGE.  CAN I USE MEDICATED DOUCHE OR SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT ALONE?  P.S. THE SEXUAL ACTIVITY WITH MY PARTNER OF 8 YEARS HAS BEEN GREAT!  WE BOTH WAITED WAYYYY PAST THE 8 WEEK RECOVERY PERIOD BEFORE GETTING INTIMATE.. MY PARTNER IS VERY SUPPORTIVE.  ANYWAY, BACK TO THE QUESTION AT HAND...SHOULD I USE MEDICATED DOUCHE OR LEAVE IT ALONE..
HI,
You can leave it alone. Douching disturbs the normal flora and can be harmful and also it is unnecessary.
Hope this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank