Ms
I had post menapausal bleeding. On investigation and after a hystoscopy, entometrial curettage and polypectomy, I was told that I had polyps and that pathology came back with evidence of simple hyperplasia. My surgeon recommended I have a hysterectomy.  I was reluctant to do this.  Now a year after the hystoscopy, my uterine lining is again thickened and i have had some spotting.
The use of the progesterone IUD is impossible unless I go back to surgery as my doctor cannot pass anything through the cervic (with me awake).  
I do not wish to undergo ongoing hysterscopy under and general anaestesia to monitor for cancer.  If I go back to surgery I would just go ahead with a hysterectomy.  In fact I have been advised to have my ovaries out as well as I don't need them.
My question is do I need to do anything, with simple hyperplasia I only have a 1% chance of ending up with cancer, why am I being advised dispite this that I should have a total hysterectomy and oopherectomy? Is my doctor being overthe top?
My only risk factor is being overweight at 93kg
I would get a second opinion, and, maybe a third one as well. In my opinion I don't think a Dr should say to remove your ovaries because you don't need them. If they're left they will continue to produce hormones for awhile. Which means you may not need to take any hormones. If there's nothing wrong with them why remove them?
This is a hard choice for any woman to make. Please think about getting other opinions before you decide what's best for you.