Hysterectomy Community
Nerve damage after hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nerve damage after hysterectomy

A friend had a hysterectomy and the doctor cut a nerve. She has been in chronic pain ever since. That was 5 years ago.  She has had injections, internal massage therapy (which was new to me and weird) and she has been on every pain medicine you can possibly think of.  She has been on oxycodone, oxycotton and vicodin just to name a few that I know about and can spell.  Her husband has left her due to her pain and her children tell her it’s all in her head.  I have only known her for 2 years and her current doctor (number 8 since I have known her) has suggested she go to another psychologist. She has given up on all doctors and I am afraid she will eventually give up on life. I guess my question is if there is no doctor in the Chicago area that can help her; does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to help her?  Can this be more mental because she has lost everything and the pain is the only thing that is hers and can’t be taken away. I am extremely worried about her and I don’t know what else to do.

Please help us both.

Renee
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank