Hysterectomy Community
No Thyroid/Hormonal Hell!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

No Thyroid/Hormonal Hell!

I am a 38 yr old female. I am having a ton of hormonal issues. I took radiation to destroy my thyroid gland 11 yrs ago. With that radiation it made my ovaries poop out and as well as my adrenals. Now after yrs of changing thyroid meds, supplements and recently having a miscarriage, the doctors has discovered that my ovaries with constant hormonal changes are upsetting my thyroid, adrenal, supplemental levels. My body can not tolerate hormone creams or most birth control. I feel like a complete yoyo. My question to all you ladies is that should I go ahead and have my ovaries/uterus removed? Right now my symptoms are HOT FLASHES, HAIR LOSE, CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT, NO LIBIDO, NO ENERGY, HEADACHES, DIZZINESS, MISEQUILIBRIUM, BLOOD PRESSURE GOING UP AND DOWN, TENSION, ANXIETY, PANIC, CONSTIPATION, POOR MEMORY, HYPER SENSITIVE. The symptoms are endless. These symptoms get worse a week before-during-right after cycle. I need advice pls.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
I can understand your concern but considering your symptoms, you need to get your estrogen levels, progesterone levels, testosterone levels, cortisol and androgen levels done. In addition, the master endocrine organ i.e the pituitary also needs to be investigated. You need to consult an endocrinologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
I see it as your thyroid affecting your hormonal levels.

I had my thyroid zapped due to graves/hyper, however I had it surgically removed due to thyroid storm.

For me it was my thyroid issues causing all my hormonal problems. If my dosage was not right "for my body", then my periods would be all over the place. I was 24yrs old when I had my thyroid removed. Now at 45yrs old I had a hysterectomy.

Too me the thyroid controls the women hormones as well. Mine were all over the place, especially when I have to change thyroid medication dosages.

For now I am considered hyper , but after my hysterectomy I am just fine...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...