Hysterectomy Community
Ocologist says "NO" to Progesterone therapy, why?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

I am a breast cancer survivor.  I had an MRI done and they found lesions on my ovaries.  So, I went to see a OB/GYN.  I had a pap smear done that came back questionable and she wants to do a radical hysterectomy.  But before she does that, she said to go back to my Oncologist and have her put me on Progesterone Therapy before doing a radical hysterectomy.  Well...my Oncologist said , "NO" and did not offer me an explantation.  She just said to ask my OB/GYN.  I left there frustrated.  I don't want cancer again, but what do I do now?
I dont understand "why" the answer was "no", and why I was not offered an explanation.  Can anyone help me with this one?
this doesnt make a whole lot of sense for one thing if your gyno wants you on estrogen why didnt she just write you a prescript.?

You go to see you Oncologist he says no and just leaves the room and you pay for an office call for that?You have rights in the medical world, You have the right to be informed.You can request a patient advocate if you feel you cant get anwsers your self.

I believe progestrerone is frowned upon with breast cance historym but I  dont know why.

I had a hysterectomy including ovaries, my doctor says all women need for hormone replacement is estrogen, it keeps our bones strong and helps with hot flashes,

I have never said this in any off the 700 posts Ive answered but I think you are in the wrong place, your doctor treated you  very unproffesionally and no one here is going to tell a breast cancer survivor what to do with hrt, Id suggest writting down all your questions so you dont feeel nervous or forget anything and reschedule an appointment with onc.When you get an anwser to this I would be more than happy to offer any help or support you need good luck.
Find out if natural progesterone (bioidentical) is acceptable.  Consider reading the book the wisdom of menopause by Christiane Northrup, MD. She has some great info on the subject.  I use Emerita natural progesterone cream. I believe they have a website you might look into it.  I buy it online as it is expensive. (About $40 for 4 oz).