Hysterectomy Community
PREGNANCY AFTER HYSTERECTOMY

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

PREGNANCY AFTER HYSTERECTOMY

i had a partial hysterectomy 2 yrs ago.but 2 days ago i just found out i am 8 wks pregnant and i am trying find information somewhere to help me understand the whole situation. i heard of someone who had a partial hysterectomy and carried their baby to term. she had twins.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!
Let me first say Hmmmm.....

And then--can you clarify what you mean by "partial hysterectomy"?  Exactly what was removed?
Partial hysterectomy: In a partial hysterectomy, the uterus is surgically removed but the cervix is left in place. Also called a subtotal hysterectomy.

That is the definition of a partial, so if your uterus is not there how do you get pregnant?

What exactly was removed? Noone can help without more info.
Hi, I was wondering what you ever found out about your pregnancy after having your partial?? I feel i'm having the same problem. Please let me know how it is going and if you've found any answers.

I had a partial 12 years ago I have both my overies and some of my uterus and I think they clamped what was left of my tubes. I am having all the signs of pregnancy. I would be 5.5 months now my stomach is large and I have gained 15lbs I feel it moving. In the beginning I had nausea and cramping then I noticed a little pouch in my stomach. It has continued to grow and grow. I still get a period as I did after the partial. the hormone has yet to show up. and they could not see any sign on the ultra sound. I am thinking it is hiding behind my bladder?? I believe I am pregant. I had 3 other child. But I can not prove it medically very frusterating
Is it a full moon?    
At 5.5 months, there is no hiding a pregnancy behind a bladder.  It would show on an ultrasound.  It would show on any urine or blood test.

You are not pregnant.  
ummmm.....wow?
Did a Dr. tell u were preg??
Ummmmmmm....yea
okay...with no ovaries to release eggs what do you suppose got fertilized? and with a bit of uterus where do you think it is at?

i really think you are going through something entirely different and not pregnancy related.
could be a fibroid or tumor growing - better see a good dr.
wow....interesting people.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very interesting people.

Good Luck and God Bless
I do understand what you are going thru and having had a partial hysterectomy myself i can relate to your frustration. I have been asking myself that quwstion and decided to do some research.  I did find out that pregnancy is possible but may prove difficult to carry to full term.  Sometimes eggs will get fertilized and then die without you knowing. But is is definetely possible to get pregnant.  Still tryng to get more info on this subject cause i think i may have gotten pregnant too.                    Hope all goes well with you.
So many speculations on this one.....My sister had a partial when she was 19 and when she was 27 she got pregnant and carried the baby full term.  The doctor that did the partial took both her ovaries was the one that delivered my niece, he told her that if they leave just a tiny bit that it can grow and produce eggs.  Since then my niece is 4 years old and my sisters ovaries are gone completey......

Good luck to you and I hope all the best for you and yours!!!!
Is it possible to get pregnant & have a baby after a partial hysterectomy? I had mine approx. a year ago, the only thing removed was my uterus, I have now met someone & decidided I want to have another child, is there anyway  this can happen?
Wow!  well if you are indeed preggers let me be one of the first to say CONGRATS!  My mother always said life is a miraculous thing and it will always find a way!   I just hope this is good news for you and I'd definately go see another doctor because you had a histerectomy for a reason and if it wasn't done properly not saying that it wasn't but apparently it wasn't complete because your preggers! but with that being said I would still want to consult with a new doctor to make sure that whatever reasons you had the hysterectory for in the first place doesn't return.  Considering your body is behaving as if the procedure had never been done.
if there is no uterus, there can be no way to carry a baby.  to even try could mean death to baby and possibly to mother.  the good thing is you have your ovaries, so you could have a surrogate carry your baby for you.
I know for a fact that oh yes you can get pregnant after a partial, I have three times and I am certain that I am again. the first three times was different I went to the doctor and told him that I felt like I was pregnant and after doing blood work the doctor seemed to be dumb founded that I actually was, I continued my normal routine and the work that I do is very hard, I lost all three I started cramping like I would have before a period and then started to bleed like one, however this time it is different because I can feel it move daily and I dont have the same position that I did have so I am taking it easy and seeing what is going to happen. I have four beautiful children now and I did not abord them I refuse to abord this one, it is still my child so as far as the previous comment you are wrong. yes it can be medically complicated but would you abord your child. I know all of this for a fact I am a RN
stunning you might get a fertilized egg, but you cant carry a baby to term.  as for being an rn then you know the dangers  of getting pg without a uterus (you must have yours?) and you would not dare to even tell others it is ok to do so.  if you gave such advise i would hope they would take your nursing license away.
I would think an RN would know how to spell "abort" but that would just be me I suppose. Echoing perty, carrying a baby without a uterus is not possible for any length of time.
Well, i am 15. I just found out i may have endometriosis and IC. I have been told i may have to have a partial hysterectomy... I am really upset.. because i really want to have kids! I know i am young, but having kids... and going through the experience is an exciting part of my future! I just wanted to know.. Is there a chance. I mean things are going both ways right now.. I really need to know!
sorry about it showing up so many times.. my computer was going crazy!
Get a second opinion (and a third, and a fourth)> Surgery is not the only option to endometriosis. Don't know what IC is so can't comment. Usually you need to shop around for docs--most are very pro-surgery. Don't give up your uterus at 15!
I wonder if it really is true can you get pregnant and carry a healthy child after a total hysterectomy. My partner and I would love to do this after having to have a hysterectomy.  If anyone is out there please help at least with information.
We have a question similar to st8amnd. My partner has had a partial hysterectomy a few years ago and still has one active ovary which I assume still produces eggs. She has a daughter from her previous marriage, prior to the operation of course. I have no biological children however I do consider her daughter my daughter and always will. I was introduced into my daughter’s life at a later age so I did miss out on a lot of the early years. She was 13 when we first met and I love every minute of being a father to her. However, as my biological clock ticks away I'm finding the urge to have my own child stronger than ever. My partner and I have talked about this and if she had not had the hysterectomy we would try to conceive naturally. We have been talking about adoption which has not been ruled out but we would like to get more information on if it’s possible for us to conceive by collecting her eggs and my sperm then use a surrogate mother to carry the child to term. Does anyone have any suggestions or information that may be useful to us?  Thank you for your feedback
I don't see how a woman can qet pregnant if she's not producing eggs because when you don't have ovaries  you don't produce eggs. That's why my Doctor decided to leave my ovaries, because I was young and he wanted my body to through menopause naturally. My issue is I do have my ovaries. But, no uterus and I have so many symptoms of pregnancy, morning sickness, strange pain over my right ovary, breast hurting, swelling, nipples darkening for weeks. I'm a mess about this. Obviously, I'm pretty sure my only option would be surgical, but it bums me out a little thinking there was another life meant for me (I have three kids. I'm a little sad right. I hope I'm wrong and it's just the stomach flu. I don't realize how prevalent post hysterectomy pregnancies are (when Ovaries stay in-tact). :(
What I've read on pregnancies where NO uterus exists, full-term pregnancy isn't possible. It's possible for woman to get pregnant (when they still have their ovaries), but impossible to carry the baby to term. Basically, the woman would present symptoms like bleeding in the stomach and if not medically addressed the woman could die, so I don't want ANY woman to believe this is something they can live through. The woman who describes her situation, must have been left with a uterus without her knowledge The uterus is the home for the growing baby. Without a uterus where's the embryo, etc. supposed to get its nutrients. It doesn't make sense for it to be possible at all.  I'm just blown away by the number of pregnancies that DO occur POST Hysterectomy when the the ovaries remain. If the pain get worse for me I will seek medical attention, If this is a pregnancy, I realize the embryo isn't in the right environment to be carried to term.
I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was a teen and My doctors tended to use very conservative treatment. Not to say I didn't spend a lot of time in pain, missing school and missing college classes later on. But, I got through school, got married and have since had three children. All normal and healthy pregnancies. I did eventually need a hysterectomy, but that wasn't until my thirties (where I was left with my ovaries), but that's my above story.

Anyway, if you want children, then find a Doctor that specializes in endometriosis and pregnancy cases. This Doctor will treat you until you are at an age that you feel ready to have a baby.  Don't let ANY Doctor force you into a Hysterectomy at SUCH a young age if you are even thinking of one day having children. :)
You may have already had your questions answered, it's been a while since you posted. But, since your wife's body is producing eggs, you could utilize a surrogate to have the biological child of BOTH of you.  The best place to start would be with a fertility specialist to get things moving (egg harvesting, etc). Can be a process in itself. And I'm sure they'd be able to give you an idea on finding a candidate to be your surrogate. Now, the process can get expensive. But, it sounds like something you really want.  Good Luck!
I was wondering as well about this situation as I have been having alot of the same symptoms following a partial hyster 8 yrs ago. I have my ovaries and fallopian tubes. I also have been experiencing an increase in stomach size, feeling of being nauseas at different intervals and also the extreme breast tenderness and being tired. If there are any answers let me know.     PS I had asked my previous dr about pregnancy after hyster, he said it does happen, he actually did part of his intern working with a few females that this happened with. Another relevant story is my ex's family member also had this happen with her, and she actually carried the child. There was a lot of intervention done obviously in order for this to work.
the research I have done on this is that yes a woman can get pregnant if ovaries are left but rare.  But the pregnancy would be life threathening to both mother and fetus and is not a possiblity to carry to term.  Some drs make mistakes in surgery and some small pieces of your woman parts can remain. The body has a way of repairing itself thus leading to possible pregnancy. But your body will either miscarry it or you will need surgery to remove it. If by some chance the sperm makes it to an egg from your ovaries which can happen even after a cervix is removed and closed as sometimes small openings remain small enough for a sperm to sneak through. The fetus would attach to a blood suppy, abdominal wall, ovary, in your tube if you still have one or other body parts.  This is life threatening as these organs cannot support a baby to full term.  No one should want this to happen no matter how desperate they are to have another child.  That said I will tell you my experience. I had a partial hyst at age 27 due to endo and pre cervical cancer.  I had already had 4 healthy children so this was ok with me.  Well three years later I started having alot of pelvic and abdominal pain and signs of pregnancy which at the time was no way is this normal.  They did an ultrasound that showed a small cyst on my ovary and went in for larposcopic surgery.  Well it was to be out patient and drain the ovary and go home be better in a few days.  Well after I came out of it the Dr. said she had to open up 6 inch incision as there was a mass surrounding my ovary which I believe was a pregnancy that had attached itself to my ovary and colon. She had to remove the whole ovary and 6 weeks to recover.  Luckily we decided to do the surgery as the cyst on the ultrasound did not show to be that big.  So not all things will show up on an ultrasound and other organs and tissue can interfere with the image.  So that said for any of these ladies that have these symptoms it is crucial they seek medical attention and second opinions.  It can be very dangerous if left untreated.  Ok one more subject to address I have been doing more research on getting pregnant after a hyst for those who really want another child the safest is to adopt, then if you still have an ovary  and good eggs a surrogate mom is an option but costly and can be emotionally challenging.  A good friend or relative would be better than a stranger. Next and remember this is not an option yet and may be extremely costly and risky. They have just recently preformed the first uterus transplant which means they would transplant a uterus into a woman without one to carry a baby to term and you would then have to be on rejection drugs the whole process then the uterus would be removed when the baby is born. So far they have sucess with one transplant and it survived 99 days.  So until they actually perform this and it results in a healthy baby and mother it is still far off. But modern medicine is always moving forward so it could be possible down the road.  Hope this info helped
I agree with law, because there have been cases of this.  Very Dangerous.  
I had a partial last year, and I know that since I have my cervix and tubes I was still having a light period each month becuase the doc left some uterun cells ontop on my cervix because she didn't want to cut into my cervix.  Which a few months ago she then froze my cervix and the uterun cells died, now I haven't had a single period in months.
But there has been issues of women getting pregno after a partial, and as law said it won't be able to be carried to term.
I did talk to my doc about donating my uterus awhile back before I had the ablation and uterus romoval, and it turns out that they are saying the uterus implant isn't really working.

Heres what I think about the people that feel like they are pregno after having a partial hyster.  
Our minds can play tricks on us!  Have you ever stopped to consider that your mind is making you feel pregno because you feel bad about having a partial done?  
I had a partial Hysterectomy at 34 now I am 40. I have my ovaries but no uterus. I have fell in love with a man that is 38 has no kids. I would do anything to have a child with him. Are they anything we can do to have a child together? Please help us! Melissa
I'm as baffled about this situation as the next person. I've also had a partial hyterectomy in 2003 and now I'm showing symptoms of pregnancy. I'm afraid to find out the truth. I'm in my 40's and working 2 jobs. A baby for me would be a wonderful thing because I fell deeply in love with my partner but it's scary cause my children are grown. Starting over since the divorce at my age is strange.
Can this be possible?
i firmly believe that pregnancy after a partial is impossible allthough my husband may have other ideas...but i firmly believe that your mind can play tricks on us and lets face it,,,,pregnancy CANNOT EVER HAPPEN....its impossible .....ive had a partial ive had my uterus and cervix removed,,,,and i still have my eggs&tubes,,,,,cause i cannot have them removed cause it would be life thretening to me....and i really cant believe that some ppl actually think they can???? how is that ever possible you need the uterus to carry a baby did'nt they teach u that in sex education class in high school...apprently for those who think they can fell asleep during it,,,,,anyhow i think its impossible an ask any dr they will tell you the same thing as im saying now NO IT CANT HAPPEN,,thxns
RAVEN,,,250
I have also had a partial Hysto, and now thinking what if I could have a baby again? I read months ago about a research study going on in NY. But it's for women that had a partial hysto for certain medical reasons. They are taking donated organs (uterus) and implanting them into women for only 2 yrs for the purpose of conception. After you have a baby they remove it. Or if you don't concieve (conceive) they reomve it. So I'm trying to find out more and maybe see if I can voluteer. But it's doubtful since I'm diabetic and other minor health issues. So if anyone else has details about this study please share. ***@****
Wow..........!!!  Who would have thought you could get pregnant after a hysterectomy!!
I am living proof that you can get pregnant after a partial hysterectomy. In 2000 I had to have a partial hysterectomy due to hemmoraging that could not be controled 2 weeks after having my daughter. They romoved my uterus and took a cone from my cervix. Well 6 weeks ago I went to the emergency room with really bad hurting on my right side and I thought I was just ovulating but it got worse. They did a MRI and said I had bleeding around my right ovary and in the vault of my vagina gave me pain pills and told me to see my OBGYN on Monday morning so I did. I told the Dr. my symptoms and my boobs were hurting really bad. He said you know this sounds funny but I am going to do a pregnancy test just because of your symptoms i'm sure your not pregnant but lets rule it out. Sure enough it came back positive pregnant. He sent me straight over to the hospital and admitted me and they did a vaginal ultrasound and sure enough I was pregnant in my right fallopian tube. They sceduled me for surgery the following day and removed the right ovary and right fallopian tube. The pathologist report of my fallopian tube was indeed showed I was pregnant about 8 weeks. He said I must have had a pin hole in my fallopian tube and the sperm made it through and I was ovulating at the same time and they started fertilization. I could not go through with the pregnancy due to the baby would have not made it due to nourishment it gets from the the placenta that attaches to your uterus which I did not have and I would of died due to the fallopian tube would of eventually ruptured due to growth of fetus. You cannot carry a baby if you do not have a uterus. If the baby attaches to the outside of your ovary or anywhere else in your stomach it can not make it. It has to have amniotic fluid and good blood supply to be grow. Just thought I would share my story with you.
I have had a full hysterectomy, they took out my uterus  and my cervix,my youngest daughter is 12 and I want to have another baby,I am looking for a specialist to do whatever it takes to give me that chance again, does anyone know one? I will do what ever medical experence they need me to do.
I saw a show the other day in "health channel" and they were talking about this, very interesting and actually they gave some examples of women who carry a baby out of the uterus to full term and was just fine and healthy.  The subject was "stone baby" .  The body after a full term starts calsifying the baby inside you and turns it into a rock... for some reason even when you don't have a uterus your baby starts forming in the ovarian tube and then as the baby grows it breaks out of the tube causing a lot of pain and bleading, the baby for some reason keeps growing out of the uterus inside your body( doctors can't explain this).  

They gave an example of a women in India who carry her baby for 30+ years,.... her body had  calcified the baby to protect her own body from getting sick as the baby was decading inside her.  I guess she went to the doctor to deliver a baby but, since nothing came out they just send her back home.  It was a long time ago... they didn't have ultrasounds back then..... later because her pain she went to the doctors and found she had a "rock baby" inside her.  

Very interesting www.obgyn.net/ENGLISH/PUBS/ARTICLES/Stone_Baby.htm - 4k

This page will show you a story with pictures on it. Don't want to scare anybody but, will like to share that in the same show they showed a women with twins actually having 3 babies but one of them developed outside her utures... Doctors did not know exactly if the baby was going to survive or even be a healthy child... surprisenly the baby was just find and developing like a very normal child... no different then the other two babies inside the uterus. .... We learned something new every day... Hope this was a lot of help.  Good luck to everyone.  
I found this website while researching this subject. Maybe it can help with the debate.

http  :  //  www  .amazing  pregnancy  .com  /  pregnancy  -   articles  /  546  .  html

take out all the spaces.

I also found this when researching this issue.

snowball wrote:
i looked in my hysterectomy booklet and this is what it says for a partial. It says you can not get pregnant but your ovaries continue to produce estrogen and release eggs but these are absorbed by your body. This is from the information booklet I got from my doctor. I hope it helps.

law is right in very rare cases the egg is released and fertalised and develops or attaches somewhere other than the uterus like the abdominal wall, bladder or bowel even..it uses placenta as normal ,,,this is to be monitered very carefully and is extreme high risk,..of course baby must be c section,,Id believe it to be impossible with no uterus as the sperm would have no path to get to the eggg, unless the cervix was left intact ...this is documented but ver very rare.
My name is Aku. It has being 5yrs since I had partial hysterectomy due to child-birth complication. My husband and I would love much to have one more sibling for our 5yrs old son. We are thinking of IVF treatment with a gestational surrogate and me as an egg donor, but my Gyno advised against me being the egg donor. Infact, he was a bit mean about it that I was so depressed and put the idea at the back burner until last Dec. My Gyno's reasoning was that I will not make a good candidate with only one ovary and one fallopian tube at the age of 40. He said the chance of success for the IVF is 0-10%. My husband is not very keen in pursuing the IVF treatment with anonymous egg donor.
Anyone with the knowledge of, or has being in the same situation as I am, please let me know how you handled it
Thanks for your time.
by the way dont come down to hard on people who seem to not spell right  I am very educated but my typing skills ar lax,,infact Im taking keyboarding class now also I type in the dark alot ..dont want to wake spouse when Im on here at night..Im writting this because of the comment made to the woman who spelled abort wrong....
i had a full hysterectomy the only thing that was left was my overies so whats your thoughts on me getting pregnant
not possible .
wel I take that back possible if your eggs are retrieved and invitro and a surroget is used please check appropiate forum..high risk pregnancy, invitro etc.
Well I had cancer and severe endometriosis and had to have a full hysterectomy at 23.  Luckily I had two beautiful boys before hand, but of course would LOVE to have another baby, obviously I am searching for a way to have found this … But it is just not possible ladies.  Yes miracles can happen and people have gotten pregnant from the sounds of it, but even if for some reason our Father above allowed it to happen in our body, it can not survive and the chances of you surviving are in jeopardy too.  Everything happens for a reason … Maybe one day medicine will come up with a way to give us a uterus again, but until then ... Just love them, play with them and send them back home : )

For the 15 year old, please get another opinion, a second, third and fourth one if you have too.  Having a hysterectomy at 15 should be the last resort!  Endometriosis is painful but there are ways to control it other than a hysterectomy.  I had cancer too and left with no choice.  If it was just endometriosis I had to live with, I would have, it is more painful to see little babies and not be able to have one of my own again now with the man I love so please do everything you can before that decision is made.  Hope this helps …
I am 44 and living in australia...I beleive i could be around first tri.mester pregnant after a partial hysterectomy.....I have all the signs and symptoms..right up to baby kicks and movements in my stomach area varying in location...I have been peri menopausal..but still ovulating for last four years....i have read on the nett about other such cases but i really need support for the decision i will have to make as to the viability of my child.....i already have 3 children 24, 22. and 14....what do i do? and how do i care for myself if i am?
Options still exist to have a baby after a partial hysterectomy.
Happy child looks at her mother and smiles

A partial hysterectomy involves removing the upper part of the uterus. Sometimes the lower part of the uterus, the cervix, will be removed as well. If you have had a partial hysterectomy and you still want a baby, there are ways you can become a parent.

Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Instructions
Step 1
Use in vitro fertilization, or IVF. You will be prescribed drugs that increase the number of eggs available for fertilization. The eggs are then harvested, fertilized in a laboratory and placed back into the body of a gestational carrier.

Step 2
Adopt. Adopting a baby is a viable option for many women who no longer are able to carry a baby due to a partial hysterectomy.

Step 3
Use a surrogate. Having a surrogate is another viable option for women who have undergone a partial hysterectomy. In surrogacy, the surrogate undergoes artificial insemination with the sperm of the husband and delivers the baby. The baby is then given up for adoption to the couple.

If you had a partial hysterectomy (only uterus removed), it IS possible to get pregnant but very dangerous (life threatening) for the mother & highly unlikely. The fertilized egg attaches itself to a bodily organ inside the mother or to the wall of her abdomen. In MOST cases the pregnancy aborts itself naturally, in some cases (once discovered) the embryo is removed by a physician. HOWEVER in very, very rare cases the baby is carried to term. Once again, very, very rare and extremely dangerous for the mother.

It is not something to be considered as an option for a couple wanting to have a child. It would be near impossible to get pregnant and if some how it happened, carrying to term would be life threatening and improbable. If a couple is wanting a child of their own, their flesh and blood, a surrogate would be the best option. Of course adopting should not be ruled out.
If your cervis is removed how would the sperm get to the egg,,,it may be a stretch but maybe rare a eptopic pregnancy if ovarys are left a eptopic can NEVER be carried to full term.....having a full 9mth pregnancy post hyster is 100% impossible....

as others said a baby can grow in you heart (metaphor not literally) as well as uterus. Options surogate, adoption.
All i am going 2 say is that mircles happen everyday , TRUST GOD and if it is ment 2 b it will happen , 2 all u negitive ppl just b quiet cause if u never lived it dont talk about . See i had 2 have a partial hysterectomy, and when the doc told me that i could never have kids i didnt believe it all will say 2 all u woman that want kids is TRUST GOD and keep ur head up and most of all hold on, IT CAN HAPPEN 4 U I BELIEVE 4 U IF U CAN'T NOW .....
Whatever you do, don't have a hysterectomy now. My doctor told me the exact same thing when I was 16. She said I'd never get pregnant, because endometriosis. Well, today I have two precious boys and I wish I'd have waited to have my hysterectomy. I did wait til I was 26. There were a few miscarriages along the way, but God blessed me and my husband with two of the greatest gifts. Just get another opinion and wait it out as long as you can.
Hi, I am just wanting to find out any information I can about becoming pregnant after a hysterctomy. I am having all the pregnacy signs. I had just a partial hysterctomy. Please any info will help!!!
I had  a Hysterectomy back in 1999 and got told the other day by doctors that i could be pregnant as they left my ovaries im waiting now to go for urgent scan very scared. as i have all the symptoms swelling and cramps and feeling sick and nacked all time any body got any advice
A partial hysterectomy is typically defined by the removal of the uterus and cervix. Most cases the ovaries and fallopian tubes are kept, one ovary is taken sometimes.  In my case, at 23, I had to have my uterus taken via partial abdominal hysterectomy.  I had a severe case a adnomyosis, which had become so painful I couldn't function. I had 2 children, so my Dr wasn't worried about causing problems in that  way.  However,  it is almost impossible to get pregnant after this kind of surgery. Women can have an egg fertilized, but it is typically reabsorbed by the body and they are unaware it happened. There are rare cases that women have had an abdominal pregnancy and carried to term, but the chance is so small and incredibly risky.  I would like to have children with my partner now, and I know the only means is to use a surrogate mother.

As I still have both ovaries, this child would be mine in every way, just as if I had given birth. To the mothers trying to conceive, look into a surrogacy agency, find out your options. This is the only safe means after any type of hysterectomy.
Wow! I am amazed everyday at the sheer volume of what people don't know but yet will try to give advice on. I too had a partial hysterectomy a little over 15 yrs. ago. This was due to my cycle not wanting to stop after it started up again after the birth of my third child and that I had a fibroid tumor that was showing signs of growing. I didn't mind since I already had 3 children. 7 yrs. later my husband and I split up, then I was celebate for 8 years. So I have only been sexually active again for about 2 yrs. I am now having symptoms that are just like the ones you have when you are pregnant. During this whole time my mom has been telling me that (you know that you can still get pregnant). I didn't put much belief in what she said until recently when I started to feel actual movement in my abdomen. My mom says that you can get pregnant and that the baby can attach itself to one of your organs in that general area and that there are cases where the mother has carried the baby to term. My advice is for you to do more research with people who specialize in this area. I mean women have been having babies since the beginning of time, it would seem like our so called professionals ie RN's, DR's etc. would know more on the subject and have more information for us. Until they do we will I guess just have to keep researching and go through a little trial and error.
this is scary because i had a partial but dont know exactly what was taken and what was left all i know is i still have my ovaries.I guess i should have gotten more info but was in too much pain and wanted it to stop.I didnt think i had to worry about this.i guess if god wants to put me through it he will its all in his hands.
I'm having symptoms of pregnancy, but i Jada partial hysterectomy 3 yrs ago.. I have two other kids, so Im familiar with the symptoms. I just hate for people to think ok crazy. Could these symptoms also be symptoms of a change in life? I'm only 38.
Well I do have something to say about this whole pregnancy after having a partial hysterectomy situation. I am living proof of having a perfectly normal pregnacy after having a partial hysterectomy. I had a partial done when I was 22. I already had two little girls and I did not want anymore kids so I thought. I got married in 2004 to my high school sweetheart. In May of 2007 I had a 12lb 24in healthy baby boy and I had him at 35wks. In 2009 I had a 10lb 22in healthy baby boy and I had him at 35wks. Now I am pregnant again with yet another baby boy and I am only 20wks. So to everyone that are doubters and non believers, it is possible. I was told by the best doctor in my city that I would not be able to carry to term but I got on my knees and prayed and God made it possible. See there are miracles happeneing every day and I am a believer. Plus if you have a partial then the only thing that is gone is your uterus. There are so many women who have uterus' and their pregnancy is carried outside the uterine walls. But then the embryo attaches itself onto the wall of the abdomen, but because the umbilical cord is supplying all the nutrients and blood supply it will need to survive, oh it is very possible to carry full term. God bless the ones that have had a partial and are now pregnant. Be careful and stress free and take it easy. God said all you need is a mustard seed of faith and let him deal with any situation you have in your life. Hey and that is what I did. God Bless
I had a hysterectomy I have both ovaries I was wondering if they could harvest eggs you see I have had 2 rounds with cervical cancer and the second time I showed positive it was showing spots in my uterus so they took it all except my ovaries I would like to have a baby even by means of a serogat I am 30 and have been searching for help with this for 6 years if you do have a miracle inside you cherish it and I pray it can happen in my case it hasn't but I'm hoping for healthy alternatives
I had my uterus removed but still have everything else. I still ovulate and am looking for information about surrogasy in MO. My fiance is younger and we would like to have a child of our own. I dont want to go to a "company" to find a woman to carry our child I have heard of women the will volunteer this to couples in return for just their medical bills paid. Has anyone heard of this ot have any suggestions
I have heard of things like ectopic pregnancies where in rare cases the placenta actually attaches to the internal organs and the baby does grow. You cannot give birth naturally obviously. And it's very high risk. However a ceasarian would successfully asist in bringing the baby into the world safely. It could be a similar situation with this
Ok i'm a Young lady i had a full Hysterectomy. I am 23, my surgery was last year 2010. They say i want be able to have kids should i be wrong to believe that one day i wwnt be able to have kids. Now to the natural eye its impossible, but i have faith that it will happen someday soon.
I know from experience that you can get pregnant after hysterectomy. I had a hysterectomy that removed everything apart from one ovary and a small piece of tube.  A year later I went to hospital with severe abdominal pain. They dignosed me with a ruptured appendix and prepared to operate. Then they got the results of a routine pregnancy test and it was positive. I was rushed to theatre with an abdomen full of blood. Turned out that it was an 8 weight pregancy in the tiny bit of tube that they left. With no connection between this tube and a lack of uterus, the doctors are still scratching their heads as to how this egg was fertilised. They are conducting a study into my case. This is definitely life threatening!!!!
I have never been late on my period, always a 21 day cycle. I have both ovaries and uterus, but only one partial tube left after an ectopic pregnancy one one side, and a cyst removed from the other side. I am now 10 days late and about 3 weeks ago started to have horrible hot and cold flashes, which I have never had. Could I be pregnant? Is there any possible way to become pregnant in this situation.
HI All,
I’m 28 now and partial hysterectomy, my uterus was removed 3 years ago due to endometriosis and I still have my ovaries intact , I n My husband are found of children. My husband cries out to me every day stating I can only bring forth a child for him .... Please let me know if there is a possibility
.
Yeah I had a partial still have both ovaries now I am producing breast milk my partial was ten yr ago I'm 32 not has a kid in 10 yr but I had the vaginal partial
Hi I also Had a partial with just my uterus being removed. So are you saying that you conceived after having your uterus removed and carried the baby to term?
I had my partial in May 2010, (uterus removed only, still have both ovaries and cervix), and I was reading all of the replies to this topic. I am excited to hear that it could be possible to have a successful pregnancy, but scared that it could be life-threatening. It does give me hope again. If, by the grace of God, I can once again have another blessing, I would leave it in God's hands and pray that everything would somehow/some way be ok, but I do know that its a long-shot.
I had my cervics removed 2 years ago and I was wondering if you can still get pregnant and carry to full term? I so want another baby my husband and I both do. I need answers
I know how u feel I am going through the same thing. I have had a partial hyt. and I still have my left ovarie and tube the doc told me the babie can attach to any of ur oragans and live to full term. I have had a blood test and urine test both are negative so I did research and the only way to tell if ur preg. is a ultrasound sometimes babies will flip behind parts and cannot be seen. Just do like I said if a baby comes out a baby comes out.
I am a couple years late to comment.. But I read the posts..
I had a hysterectomy.. When the uterus is removed , the vagina is sealed. Even if a woman had her ovaries, no sperm would reach them..
So the pregnancy is not possible..Unless the uterus is still  attached.. So if the partial means some of the uterus was removed but not all ..And the opening is still there from the cervix. Then pregnancy would be possible.
Also surrogacy sounds plausible if the ovaries are in tact.
Have to answer the questions correctly..
I am so sorry for the loss due to hysterectomy.. I had one and I know it is not easy for many of us..
But  unless cervix and uterus are left the vagina would be sealed. If not it would be very dangerous to leave an opening into the abdominal cavity.
Sperm would not travel further than the vagina..

If a woman is left with her ovaries. surrogacy would be possible.
So women hoping for a pregnancy, should talk to a doctor about surrogacy.
if you was pregnant and especially 5 1/2 months you would have been in sever pain by now and you would not have made it to 5 1/2 months becasue you would be dead by now now whoever you trying to convince you pregnant just go ahead and come clean and tell them the truth and you have told too many stories if you have had 3 kids already then you should if your pregnant or not first off and i agree with whoever commented on the baby hiding inside you, girl please who are you kidding at 5 1/2 months you're in you're second trimester and very well able to see a baby get out of here and get a life go adopt cause the chances of you having another child are absolutely 0 to none....................POW!!!!!!!!!
hi ,please could u tell me what the babys attached themselfs to and where they got there blood surply from ,did u have c section,i am desperate to have another baby
Last year I wanted to get pregnant but I was older so I did a lot of research.  I found that a man is able to get a women pregnant at a late age.  As a matter of fact I read that it actually increases as they get older, the opposite of their female counterpart.  I wondered why God would create us like that.  I believe that it is true.  There are so many options now that I am sure there is a way to have the baby you want.  
I has my uterus remover at 20 due to complication during delivery with my son i have not has periods since but the last three days have felt like some thing is kicking me and moveing around inside i have my overies and my cervix is it possible i am scared i am now 22 please can some shed light for me
thank you so much i, had a partial abt 2 years ago and i took a a pregnacy test at work 3 days ago it was possitive..  my co workers kept telling me i was pregnant but i told them that i had a partial ..well the test says possitive my husban is happy as ever because he always wanted 4/5 kids. we have a boy 15 and girl 9..they both were premies. we lost a set of twins and i had horrible menstrals that was the reason for the partial. My husban always said we had our son in the name of the father our daughter in the name of the son and the lord is going to give us one of the holy spirit so i truly believe this was a blessing form GOD.. PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS!    
To Mrs. Joralijey3 I am writing u this letter  because I am to a beliver. I have been having symptoms of feeling like I am pregnant so I went to the doctor today. But she said by me not having a cervix i am not pregnant. I look like I'm pregnant and I feel like I am pregnant. I go back in two weeks for a ultasound to check for a sis on my ovaries she said. i beleive different if u could please contact me through my email adress. Its ***@****. I need to talk, thank-u
I had the same surgery many years ago my question to you is where did the fetus connect to that you were able to carry it full term
i had a partical hysterectomy they took out my uterus and left ovaries and tubes
I had a hysterectomy and they took my uterus and my cervix can i stil have another baby i already have 3 but my and my husband want 1 more is it possible for me 2 carrie 1
What A True Testimony To Those Of Use Who've Had A Particular Hysterectomy... Thanks For Given Use HOPE!!
wow that isawesome !!!!! congrats!!! i had a partial in 2008 after havinf 6 kids. but had fibroiids and prolapsed cervix. but i have been w my bf 4yrs and theres times i felt like i was prego. nausea,sore breast ,vomit, tired. but he thought i was crazy. i took a test 1xand it had a faint line. but i think i was prego it just didnt make it:{ but my question is wouldnt u bleed? and i have both my ovaries ans my dr. said im just going into menopause from som bloodwork ... but i wis god would gve me another healthy baby!!! i miss it so much ...but i know someone that got prego 3x but only carried the baby 3 months... so to all you ppl you can get prego.... it just depends on your body  and god if you will carry it to term...
Can you tell me a little more. I think I might be pregnant and I have a partial as weel and I'm not totally conveince that I could be. I have had the morning sickness, the serve back pain, and now very tender breast and not to mention  I'm huge.I took a test about two months ago and it was negative which I was relieved but here I am again guessing. I'm frighten and not sure how to tell my boyfriend. After I have told him I can't be pregnant I have a partial..... here is my email address ***@****  
What di you find out I feel simular
I am also an RN, and I would hope that a real RN would be better educated, or at least know how to spell "abort".  I suspect you're not a nurse, but someone who really wants people to pay attention to you...
I had a full one everything was taken out can I still get.pregnat ? I been sick n pains in.my stomach
HI! I have a Hysterectomy in June 28,2011 and I am a mother of 4 children, My Uterus and Cervix was remove but it been 3 month that  I have had the morning sickness, the serve back pain, I feel something moving and hitting my rips,  my breaths hurt and I smells everything around me,, I went to the ODG and in the ultrasoud we so the sharrow of the baby in my left side I going to a specialist theycould not understand how the baby is attach to mtty body,,, but yes there is a changes to get pregnant if you still have your ovaries... it hard for my to sleep at night because the baby move and I can only sleep in one possition... dont give up have faith in good and if you get pregnant just like I did get help and pray to God to help you and if God want thst baby to be born is because he got a purposes and it will be ok... God Bless...
I really needed to read that because I have been wondering what is going on with my body after having a partial. I believe I heard from God concerning a miracle baby, but I'm in the waiting stage. I have faith that if God created this body, He can re-create whatever the doctor took out. Sidenote: A man was born with one kidney (and he's old now), but went to the doctor this month and the doctors discovered another kidney! I believe God. I just want to be assured  by God again. Thanks for your testimony of God still working baby miracles!!!
I had a partial hysterectomy a yr ago and all i have been thinking about is having a baby, my breasts are very sore, im tired all the time, im scared to take a test just to get let down what should i do??
hi just been reading your comment, im at the point i think im pregnant after a partial i feel movement even partner and kids watch my stomache moving, went to doc as did a test and was negative and now worried what it is, but doc says i still could be so had blood test today, so fingers crossed i am as i would love another baby it was my ex hubby who made me have a hystorectomy 12yrs ago :( but im not that lucky i suppose but this site has gave me hope that one day my partner and me will have a baby of our own :)
Thank you for this most heart felt experiance.  

I fear I am going through the same thing. Except it is my left side that is in $#@%pain.
All I can say is I sure hope not. Wow that would not be good. I'm not ready too start that whole ordeal over again. I already raised four Kiddies.And my baby is 21. Not looking to do it over. Although they are the best part of my life.
However,I had a Partial Hysterectomy when I was 34.Now I am 44,and now having cramps, nausea,and lower back pain. Time to go and do a blood test.
Especially after all the things i'm reading on this post.  
Hi not sure what to say but I seem to be having same things happening to me stomach tighting up breast leaking milk but I have had a partual hysterectomy not sure if I could be pregnant
I'm worried I may be pregnant after a partial hysterecomy in 2007.  They took my uterus & cervix but left my ovaries.  You say it is very possible then?
I've had all the signs, I've gained 36 pounds in 4 mos, heartburn daily (the only time I ever had it was with my 2 kids!!), headaches, stomach cramping etc.

Will a home pregnancy test show positive?
i had a  hysterectomy   i thank i might be pregnent how can i find out    i fill movement on and off   i dont know what that mean i was sopost to have had a compleat hysterectomy what should i do
I too had a partial hystrectomy 4 years ago after many problems. Although, my husband (who got 'fixed' before me) and I seperated a while ago, I have been seeing another guy who lives back east, and I live out west. We don't use protection.....I assummed I could never have kids again. I flew out to see him 3 1/2 weeks ago, and now I feel every symptom of being pregnant. Is it really possible??? Because I have no uterus, could I actually carry a baby to a healthy term? Are there any other options if I am preggo? I don't know what to do. As much as I would love to have another baby, i don't know what to say or tell him in the meantime.  Please help!!!
i am so happy for you.i was just on here reading all the comments myself and your right with gods help nothing is out of ? and your living proof
i had a partial historectmy last month after having placenta accreta i still have my ovaries.. and now almost a year later i look like i'm 8mths pregnant, boobs hurt ect..i've been feeling movement too.. but every test come up neg and i don't know what i should do now..
i have a partial hysterectomy i have one ovarie left i havent had a period in 8 years can i still have a baby i cant afford a surrogate. the man that i love has no children and i have three it is his father's dying wish that he has a grandchild and my husband wants one and i want to give him one i have part of my cervix but i dont know if i have my uterus its been 8 years since my surgery please help
Ok I found my paperwork for my hysterectomy but i dont understand it it lookds like they took out my uterus burned it and clamped it and put it back in i have my one ovary and one fallopian tube I havent had a period in 8 years but can i have a baby on my own without a surrogate they called the procedure a abdominal hysterectomy and lysis of adhesions does anyone know can i get pregnant
I was diagnosed with endometriosis at age 19.  Birth control pills can help slow the progress of it, but I've had to have adhesions removed 3 times.  I recently had a hysterectomy but I'm now 45.  It is something you can live with, though it can be painful at times.  I would get a 2nd or 3rd opinion before surgery at your age.  I have 2 beautiful daughters, 13 and 16.  Had I had surgery at 19, I wouldn't have them.

As for the partial hysterectomy pregnancies, I know that my mom had 2 partials.  The 1st was only to remove 1 ovary.  That left her with 1 more and a uterus, so in that case pregnancy is definitely a possibility.  I think it would depend on what they actually removed.
Yes I have had it and I have 2 teen age girls!! :)
I had uterus and cervix removed in sept 2010. The last 3 months  i have had my breast grow 3 sizes, getting car sick, pain in lower left side and want to sleep all the time. Dr's have ran test ct of brain, mamogram (mammogram), and blood work everything is normal. I also took two home test that said im not pregnant.  I look like I'm about 6 months pregnant. I have had 4 other children so I am so lost with not knowing what is going on. When pregnant with my son the test didn't show till I was 6 months along.
i had a partial hysterectomy 12 years ago but i still have both my tubes and my overies and i also had several pregnacies in between the years but here recentlly these past couple of weeks ive had different symptoms but all of being pregnat but its totally different this time so i went and got a test yesterday done it and it came back positive,,,,is it possible for me to carry the baby full term this time..????
i had a total hysterectomy 2 yrs ago but i also still have my ovaries and fallopian tubes i have all the A typical signs of pregnancy also i have heard many times that it is still possible to have an ectopic pregnancy if the egg comes down far enough to get fertilized and the it can attach to an organ or abdominal wall this is very dangerous but it is possible to give birth to a live baby by c-section. i just went to the dr today and had blood work done so we will see what happens
My breast are killing me, like going through puberty or breast tenderness with pregnancy.  I had a partial hysto 2011 still producing eggs -left ovary.  I'm actually scheduled to have a mammogram  june 5 2013. God Bless the organization helping me have this done.   I have zero insurance.  The woman's clinic I went to for the apt is divided into two sections..... for pregnant woman and the window next is simply for boobs and vaginas and BCP HA! .  When I made my apt initially I was with my daughter refilling her BPC.  They told me today my apt should have been made with the obgyn to deal with the overall picture.  The PA.C mentioned  the possibility of an intraabdominal pregnancy, pardon my spelling or medical terminology for intro and intra...But suggested I go for the mammo apply for welfare hahahahahahah DENIAL.  I was on assistance before I was married don't get me wrong I'm just irritated like I've been for weeks and I gained 10lbs.  Aside from making a little light of my situation... I'm scared.  Good luck ladies...God Bless
types of hysters ( I said  hysto in my last post LOL jEEEZ)  seem confusing to me as far as partials and total HYSTERS :)  I do think if a vaginal cuff is properly stitched and healed...then there should not be any way for sperm to travel into the abdominal cavity, am I  right?  I did experience one heck of a  bleed shortly after my Hysterectomy...I propped my feet and everything seemed ok after that.  I still experience spotting.  The breast issue is enough to make me vomit in itself.  The pain is quite intense.
My 36-year-old daughter-in-law had her uterus removed in 2006.  She is now 20 weeks pregnant wirh a baby boy, Christopher. Her placenta is attached to her abdominal wall and an ovary.

After much research on "abdominal pregnancies" we've found that there is a very high mortality rate for both mother and child.  The cause of the problem is the separation of the placenta from wherever it is attached. That separation causes hemorraging in the mother and the death of the baby.  However, my daughter-in-law is determined to carry her baby to term, risking her own life.  

Bed rest, the elimination of stress, and faith are essential.
Wow! how did they diagnose her pregnancy? I am having the same sort of thing going on right now. I went for two different ultrasounds today. I was supposed to have a full x-ray, but my fiancé and I decided that we are so certain of my pregnancy, we will not chance harming the baby. I do not understand why it is so hard for people to believe that this can actually happen. I honestly believe and feel (movements that respond to my son and fiancé's voice) pregnant. I appreciate your post so very much!
update please!
How is daughter-in-law and her son doing?
are you serious? i have to know! i had my tubes clamped in 1994, and a partial hysterectomy in 2006 due to endometriosis... i ve recently had some weight gain, breasts are tender etc...... took test today and it was neg. havent had period in YEARS, could i be? i have 4 kids now, youngest is 19. idk if i should go to dr and have them laugh at me when i ask for a blood test or what....... HELP.
Hi.  I'm now 13 1/2 weeks along with my "no-uterus pregnancy" with lots of movement and strong heartbeat.  I am trying to be as safe as possible to keep this pregnancy going, counting each day on the calandar (96 days).
Only my uterus was removed vaginally and everything else intact and even sutured up my bladder to stay in place years ago.  
I had 4 healthy children delivered naturally before that with 5 miscarriages between the live births.  I have always tested negative on pee tests and had my periods every month during each pregnancy.  ( i am just odd)
I have lost 3 other "no-uterus pregnancies" from the placentas not being attached well and working a very physical job so they de-ttached. The longest one lasted 22 weeks which is still visable on xray as a calsified fetus.. They were never removed.  
I have experienced very negative reactions from medical doctors who don't want to be involved, refering to my "thing that won't last".
It's my baby.
It's nice to read about "babies and moms" that made it.
To all who are listening and in this same situation:  find a compasionate doctor that will consider taking on an unusual case from the beginning, then you both have a chance.
Research all you can and stay healthy!
It's my baby.
Research all you can and stay healthy!
Visit this news release from NBC Today
http://www.today.com/id/43193437/ns/today-today_health/t/miracle-baby-was-carried-outside-mothers-womb/
http://www.raineydayeholloway.com/media.html          
This is about baby growing / attached to mother's ovary and falopion tube, giving birth and follow up on the growing son !!!
actually there is a way to carry the baby can attach to organs and the cervix . And surrogates are ridiculously expensive.
I am now 18 weeks along with my "no uterus pregnancy"
Yeah !
Past 19th week
Wow...I have mixed feelings about your pregnancy. First congratulations! second it is very dangerous what you are going through. You have 4 other children, do you really want to put yourself in such danger. I had an hysterectomy as well. I was not pressured into it I had a choice to do it or refuse it. I am sure it was the same for you. I was fully aware that I will not have children anymore and accepted it. I understand how your eggs could get fertilized but to carry to full term is another story. If you do not get sick did you think at the fact that your baby may not be fully devellopped or severely handicapped? Would it be a fair life for this child?
Today is Week 23 !
Thank you for your post.
You are so rude I couldn't imagine going through what these women going through and for you to leave a message like that is jus evil get a life
Update?  How are you and your baby?
Please check out this facebook page....  prayforpeterhelms

Life is precious regardless of it's state.  If there is life... our job is to protect it, cultivate it, love it, even cherish it.

I'm sad about your perspective on life.... "a fair life" based upon the possibility that the baby may not be fully developed or severely handicapped.

Who are we to determine what a "fair life" is?  Everyone has handicaps....everyone.  We all have areas of our lives that we are unable to do certain things.  If we start determining what is a "fair life" based upon what our opinion is....where does the line get drawn?  Who gets to draw that line?

I hope and pray that you receive this message in the spirit that it was sent...in love....not anger...I also hope and pray that you will reconsider your position

How's your pregnant? I have movements in my stomach and ohter pregnancy symptoms 3 months ago.
same thing happen to me 4-1-2014 time 12:00 midnight  i m very upset i hv lost my beautiful daughter. as well as my utrus rapture. i think ..................................
no words anyone in ths world as a humanity level help me i hv overies 9999659985 priyanka
I'm going through the same issues right now FionaJo. Morning Sickness, back pain,Food cravings and a lot of other pregnancy symptoms. I too had my uterus removed. I still have my ovaries in tact. It's just weird. I don't want to sound crazy. I'm gonna try to put pregnancy out of my head until my dr. visit next week.
Thanks for speaking positive words on here. Not many positive responses. Congrats to you! Hope everything runs smoothly.
wow. Are you experiencing any complications and will you be able to carry to full term?  Congrats.
I had a partial hysterectomy 5years ago and I fell in love again with my high school sweetheart been feeling tired and going pee a lot more I'm not sure is it possible for me to become pregnant again?
You might want to do your research, pertykitty. It HAS happened!!
it is possible to get pregnant without a uterus.After an egg is fertilize if there is no uterus it can implant it self to another organ in the body. it has happen before but most doctors do not publicly report it. The organs with high blood supply have been known to carry a pregnancy in full term. but during a c-section the blood loss is great and the mother can die from this blood loss.

the medical term for this type of pregnancies is called: abnormal abdominal pregnancy
I had a partial hsysterectomy.. One ovary removed.. and the lining of uterus burned.. I also had my tubes tied.. All this done 9 yrs ago.. My doctor told me a tubal is only guaranteed 5 yrs.. and obulation that was done in my uterus grows back about every 1-3 yrs.. he said if I chose to have my tubal reversed I could very well have a baby... So I know for a fact its possible.. Now since my surgery I spot 1 day to maybe a light period 1-2 days.. This month I haven't had a period.. I am now about 14 days late.. Which hasn't happen since my surgery.. I could have swore I felt something pushing on my belly and been nausea and had severe heartburn and gained 6 lbs.. If I don't start my period by the weekend I will take a test to be on safe side...
Hello I have had a partial hysterectomy and I think i'm pregnant no I feel like i'm gunna get my period an i feel my overies ovualting an i feel movements every once in a while i feel it more when i'm relxed.
I had to get a partial hysterectomy because I had a tubel pregnantness so what you are saying is you an still get pregnant I have been feeling pulling and good feeling like I did get pregnant and sometime my breast would hurt to touch.i just cant explain how my body is feeling right know
same here but I just started doing ovulation kits and they all coming back positive .so im holy crow going have a doc check me.i was 22 when I had my hysterectomy and Im 29 now
Please seek medical advice quickly. This is a serious situation. Let us know how you are doing.
So may of you are women and yet SO very uninformed. If even the slightest piece of an ovary is left it can and in FACT will regrow, therefore a woman who has had said ovary removed, if on an oversight of the dr, has even a minute piece of the ovary left, CAN get pregnant. I know this as I have had my left ovary REMOVED TWICE. I too have had a hysterectomy as of 2 year ago, and am now presenting with symptoms of pregnancy.... I am also finding out that it's NOT unlikely, however, the child will rarely be carried to term outside of a uterus, and would require hospitalization for most of the pregnancy if a mother were to even attempt to carry it. Google it. There's a case from England ( I believe it was England) where an egg attached OUTSIDE the uterus and was carried to term, it IS possible for an egg to attach to ANY organ where it finds a sufficient blood supply. That being said if a woman has a hysterectomy, and even if they remove EVERYTHING, but manage to miss a slight piece of something, her body can regrow the ovary and a fertilized egg CAN attach to another part of the abdominal cavity.... perhaps more women should do research on their own bodies, it is actually quite amazing what we're capable of... that being said, I do sincerely hope those of you who suspect pregnancy AFTER hysterectomy, are seeing dr's, as most cases can be fatal to the mother if the pregnancy is not removed. Good Luc to you all
I agree with Justice that leftover ovarian tissue can regenerate thereby making it possible to release eggs. However, if you have had a hysterectomy (uterus removed), the sewn shut vagina (or cervix if the cervix was left in place) will prevent sperm from getting into the pelvis to fertilize an egg. If that were not the case, there would be many more pregnancies after hysterectomy especially in women who still have their ovaries (even though there is a 35-40% risk of ovarian failure after hysterectomy).
HELLO, I WAS WONDERING WHERE DID THE BABY ATTACH ITSELF TO IN ORDER TO GROW AND MAKE IT TO 35WKS??