PREGNANCY AFTER HYSTERECTOMY
i had a partial hysterectomy 2 yrs ago.but 2 days ago i just found out i am 8 wks pregnant and i am trying find information somewhere to help me understand the whole situation. i heard of someone who had a partial hysterectomy and carried their baby to term. she had twins.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!
Visit this news release from NBC Today
http://www.today.com/id/43193437/ns/today-today_health/t/miracle-baby-was-carried-outside-mothers-womb/
http://www.raineydayeholloway.com/media.html          
This is about baby growing / attached to mother's ovary and falopion tube, giving birth and follow up on the growing son !!!
actually there is a way to carry the baby can attach to organs and the cervix . And surrogates are ridiculously expensive.
I am now 18 weeks along with my "no uterus pregnancy"
Yeah !
Past 19th week
Wow...I have mixed feelings about your pregnancy. First congratulations! second it is very dangerous what you are going through. You have 4 other children, do you really want to put yourself in such danger. I had an hysterectomy as well. I was not pressured into it I had a choice to do it or refuse it. I am sure it was the same for you. I was fully aware that I will not have children anymore and accepted it. I understand how your eggs could get fertilized but to carry to full term is another story. If you do not get sick did you think at the fact that your baby may not be fully devellopped or severely handicapped? Would it be a fair life for this child?
Today is Week 23 !
Thank you for your post.
You are so rude I couldn't imagine going through what these women going through and for you to leave a message like that is jus evil get a life
Update?  How are you and your baby?
Please check out this facebook page....  prayforpeterhelms

Life is precious regardless of it's state.  If there is life... our job is to protect it, cultivate it, love it, even cherish it.

I'm sad about your perspective on life.... "a fair life" based upon the possibility that the baby may not be fully developed or severely handicapped.

Who are we to determine what a "fair life" is?  Everyone has handicaps....everyone.  We all have areas of our lives that we are unable to do certain things.  If we start determining what is a "fair life" based upon what our opinion is....where does the line get drawn?  Who gets to draw that line?

I hope and pray that you receive this message in the spirit that it was sent...in love....not anger...I also hope and pray that you will reconsider your position

How's your pregnant? I have movements in my stomach and ohter pregnancy symptoms 3 months ago.
same thing happen to me 4-1-2014 time 12:00 midnight  i m very upset i hv lost my beautiful daughter. as well as my utrus rapture. i think ..................................
no words anyone in ths world as a humanity level help me i hv overies 9999659985 priyanka
I'm going through the same issues right now FionaJo. Morning Sickness, back pain,Food cravings and a lot of other pregnancy symptoms. I too had my uterus removed. I still have my ovaries in tact. It's just weird. I don't want to sound crazy. I'm gonna try to put pregnancy out of my head until my dr. visit next week.
Thanks for speaking positive words on here. Not many positive responses. Congrats to you! Hope everything runs smoothly.
wow. Are you experiencing any complications and will you be able to carry to full term?  Congrats.
I had a partial hysterectomy 5years ago and I fell in love again with my high school sweetheart been feeling tired and going pee a lot more I'm not sure is it possible for me to become pregnant again?
You might want to do your research, pertykitty. It HAS happened!!
it is possible to get pregnant without a uterus.After an egg is fertilize if there is no uterus it can implant it self to another organ in the body. it has happen before but most doctors do not publicly report it. The organs with high blood supply have been known to carry a pregnancy in full term. but during a c-section the blood loss is great and the mother can die from this blood loss.

the medical term for this type of pregnancies is called: abnormal abdominal pregnancy
I had a partial hsysterectomy.. One ovary removed.. and the lining of uterus burned.. I also had my tubes tied.. All this done 9 yrs ago.. My doctor told me a tubal is only guaranteed 5 yrs.. and obulation that was done in my uterus grows back about every 1-3 yrs.. he said if I chose to have my tubal reversed I could very well have a baby... So I know for a fact its possible.. Now since my surgery I spot 1 day to maybe a light period 1-2 days.. This month I haven't had a period.. I am now about 14 days late.. Which hasn't happen since my surgery.. I could have swore I felt something pushing on my belly and been nausea and had severe heartburn and gained 6 lbs.. If I don't start my period by the weekend I will take a test to be on safe side...
Hello I have had a partial hysterectomy and I think i'm pregnant no I feel like i'm gunna get my period an i feel my overies ovualting an i feel movements every once in a while i feel it more when i'm relxed.
I had to get a partial hysterectomy because I had a tubel pregnantness so what you are saying is you an still get pregnant I have been feeling pulling and good feeling like I did get pregnant and sometime my breast would hurt to touch.i just cant explain how my body is feeling right know
same here but I just started doing ovulation kits and they all coming back positive .so im holy crow going have a doc check me.i was 22 when I had my hysterectomy and Im 29 now
Please seek medical advice quickly. This is a serious situation. Let us know how you are doing.
So may of you are women and yet SO very uninformed. If even the slightest piece of an ovary is left it can and in FACT will regrow, therefore a woman who has had said ovary removed, if on an oversight of the dr, has even a minute piece of the ovary left, CAN get pregnant. I know this as I have had my left ovary REMOVED TWICE. I too have had a hysterectomy as of 2 year ago, and am now presenting with symptoms of pregnancy.... I am also finding out that it's NOT unlikely, however, the child will rarely be carried to term outside of a uterus, and would require hospitalization for most of the pregnancy if a mother were to even attempt to carry it. Google it. There's a case from England ( I believe it was England) where an egg attached OUTSIDE the uterus and was carried to term, it IS possible for an egg to attach to ANY organ where it finds a sufficient blood supply. That being said if a woman has a hysterectomy, and even if they remove EVERYTHING, but manage to miss a slight piece of something, her body can regrow the ovary and a fertilized egg CAN attach to another part of the abdominal cavity.... perhaps more women should do research on their own bodies, it is actually quite amazing what we're capable of... that being said, I do sincerely hope those of you who suspect pregnancy AFTER hysterectomy, are seeing dr's, as most cases can be fatal to the mother if the pregnancy is not removed. Good Luc to you all
I agree with Justice that leftover ovarian tissue can regenerate thereby making it possible to release eggs. However, if you have had a hysterectomy (uterus removed), the sewn shut vagina (or cervix if the cervix was left in place) will prevent sperm from getting into the pelvis to fertilize an egg. If that were not the case, there would be many more pregnancies after hysterectomy especially in women who still have their ovaries (even though there is a 35-40% risk of ovarian failure after hysterectomy).
HELLO, I WAS WONDERING WHERE DID THE BABY ATTACH ITSELF TO IN ORDER TO GROW AND MAKE IT TO 35WKS??
im a 30 year old mother an had a partial hystrectomy and i have nouterus or menstral period but i am wanting another baby and would like to carry it myself how can i do this
I am sorry you had a hysterectomy. You cannot carry a baby without your uterus. This should have been made clear to you by your doctor/surgeon before he/she removed your uterus.
I'm 43 y.o. & had a partial hysterectomy in Aug 2006, having my uterus & cervix removed. So since there is a slim chance of actually conceiving, which could be very bad for both mom & baby, is it a good idea to use birth control? Since the chances are so slim I always thought having the hysterectomy was birth control enough. I had mine due to endometriosis.  My fiance' is very fertile due to having fathered 4 kids. But for me, my oldest is 25 & was a pill baby. My daughter is 13 & I took fertility meds to get pregnant w/her.
I am not looking to get pregnant,  just want to be 100% safe so I never have to experience any type of tubal pregnancy or anything like that.
if you have had your uterus removed...You can't carry a baby...if you have your ovaries..you will continue to ovulate but the eggs are absorbed by the body. If you have everything removed you have been castrated and will go into instant menopause. If you kept your ovaries you will continue to "cycle" but will have no period (unless you kept your cervix you might have a light monthly period) Most women who keep their ovaries but have their uterus removed with begin the process of menopause 5 years sooner because of cutting blood supply. Lack of or too much of hormones can cause breast tenderness, abdominal bloating and so on...is it possible for sperm to potentially reach and fertilize and egg...slim to none, but it can happen...can the baby be carried to full term without a uterus...absolutely NOT. The uterine implants are many many years down the road.

To the gals coming in reading this LONG thread who have endometriosis ... do NOT let a Dr. talk you into a hysterectomy...because it will NOT cure endometriosis and will cause other issues. I was never able to conceive because of endometriosis and lack of getting into the hands of a qualified dr. and my endo even after having everything removed including the ovaries my endo continued to grow..and finally 20+ years and two endometriosis specialists I am too a pretty good place, but had I gotten into the hands of a true endometriosis specialist (there are just over 100 that are truly endometriosis specialists and they will do excision (cut out the disease) not put you on drugs to suppress or remove your female organs...If I had gotten into the hands of a trues specialist I would have most likely been able to have a baby...so if you have endo and have not yet gotten into the wrong hands please seek out a qualified endometriosis specialist as this is your best chance of eradicating the disease, having a baby because they will preserve your anatomy which will also prevent many other health issues that come with having a hysterectomy...I am sorry to those who want a baby and can't have one now...I get it because I did not even get one...but you will not be able to carry a baby in your body to full term without a uterus...so you can adopt or if you have your ovaries perhaps harvest your eggs and fertilize with SO's sperm and then place into a woman with a healthy uterus...
U can not say that u can't carry. U can: google it. Not every single way is 100% safe for both mom and baby. BUT there are cases where if u have ur cervix after a partial u can have a baby and carry close to full term eachboerson is different.!u can also carry a baby in ur liver l,, they move ur liver down a bit so it doesn't break ur ribs as ur expands. Liver stays the size of a football and the baby grows making the liver expand. It can attach to ur abdominal wallsZ if it is getting nutrients and has room to growth and for grown u can have a baby after a partial. But everyone is different!!!! Some can and some can't becausenof how healthy everything is inside....
I am sorry that you have suffered with endometriosis for so many years and not only did the hysterectomy not give you relief, it caused additional problems (which I understand as I also had one but not for endo). I am glad though that you have recently gotten some relief. I am sorry that you were not able to have children. That would be very difficult.
Thanks! It has been a long rough journey for sure...but I guess we all have our struggles and mine has been my health...it was very hard to have to come to terms of not having children...but I guess life goes on and you learn to fill the void in other ways...Thanks for your kindness!
Thank you for your post, this really helps me so much to know that God can answer your prayers!! God Bless!!
Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus. In a total hysterectomy, the uterus and cervix are removed. In some cases, the fallopian tubes and ovaries are removed along with the uterus (called hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy). In a subtotal hysterectomy, only the uterus is removed. In a radical hysterectomy, the uterus, cervix, ovaries, oviducts, lymph nodes, and lymph channels are removed. The type of hysterectomy performed depends on the reason for the procedure. In all cases, menstruation stops and a woman loses the ability to bear children. Without the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries a woman cannot get pregnant ! IF even ONE of them is removed there is no possibility of becoming pregnant
.
it is  exactly five years now since i have been unable to get   pregnancy, while i was trying to update my blog i saw website on how a  lady ( MADAM GLORY) helped a couple to get pregnant, to me it sounds funny but i realize that am in same predicament so i gave a try and i contacted her..after giving me instruction on what to do which i  did, i was feeling some  changes in my body since the first week of last 4 months... i am 18 weeks gone and i am carrying my own baby in my womb i am so happy that i finally got pregnant after all i have been through. you can as well reach her for any problems you are having, she will surely provide you a solution.her mail: ***@****
A partial leaves your ovaries behind.  Yes, pregnancy is still possible, but can be fatal to the mother.
I had a partial hysterectomy he my uterus was just take it out I have everything else can I be pregnant been getting very nauseous
Im confused need help or suggestion had hysterectomy done in 2012 no periods n no clue what was done or taking out but in last three months ive been sick breast leaking milk hungry alot tired moody rash nose bleeds stomach pain n lower back pain uncomfortable very confused last time i had kids was 18-8 years  ago thinking i might b pregenant need help plz n thank u
I sent a message on her yesterday really need advice n help im confused n scared.Ive had a hysterectomy in 2012 but dont no what was done or taking out,but anyways i havent been sexual active til 2015 n got engaged now last months if been veey nauseas had a rash mood swings hungry alot more stomach making alot of sounds breast have gotten bigger n now leaking milk headaches nose bleeds tired alot using bathroom more veins in legs are popping out n i have more going on im a type one diabetic insulin pump im scared dont no whats going on my dr is not helping me had one pregenant test done at home it was negitive but i have all signs of beening pg last time i went throu that was 18 n 8 years ago with my kid,can someone plz help with advice ty.
39 i had partial hystorectomy 2008.. now i am nauseous, tingling tender breast..rectum pain on occassions..mood swings and and and ...have 3 girls...and all symtoms are those i had when i was pregnant all those years ago...two years agoi saw a gyne whom stated that my ovarie Are pretty heatly and normal...could i be pregnant? or what please help!!!
Sorry meant to say had problems last three months
Same here to modracing 1....I am having the same problems but my Doctor will not tell me anything
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.....but I'm 54 in April and this is crazy and very stressful! And the Dr's are dumb to it,I've been in two different E.R behind pain, nausea,diarrhea to constipation... I haven't seen any blood, but its traits in my urine....Aries09
I also still have my ovaries only....and the Dr said they still got at least 20 years left......I'm like 20 years for what.....to help me fertilize with sperm,then be in pain, stressing, not knowing if the fetus is dissolving or growing
THANK YOU &I BELIEVE IN JESUS NAME SO BE IT'

FOR  JESUS CHRIST IS THE GIVER OF LIFE ''AND KNOWS ALL THINGS

'AND WITH HIM ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE'

THATS WHY HE IS GOD AND NOT MAN'

PASTOR
AMEN...Cause I Want To Have Another Child To And I Really Dont Know What Was Removed
Those could be symptoms of perimenopause or menopause if your ovaries were removed or are producing fewer hormones as a result of your uterus being removed. Blood work to check estrogen and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) levels may be helpful. The leaking of milk from your breasts could be an indication of a pituitary problem. A prolactin blood level may be helpful.
It's very unlikely that these symptoms are from pregnancy. They sound like perimenopause, the transition into menopause.
I am fixing to have a brithday this Monday be turning 39 they did a hestremy. On me in 2003 after 2 weeks of my son being bron cause u had utres cancer i dont know eayher i been haveing cravens. And. My stomach. Has been moving a lot my fiancé. Saids i been moody and amoshnel. My brest has goting a lot biget in the last mouth. Me and my fiance bouth. Wants a baby he had ask god for a son and i had ask for another baby but when we had ask god we did not even know one anoTher. Then .can some one please tell me what you think could i be pg what should i do. Should i go get a pg test tonight or in the morning. God blesss yall outher wonen i know how yall are feeling cuz i ddidnot know it was possible. To get pg
Is it possible without uterus, as fallopian tubes and ovaries are still intact....be fall pregnant?
I would like to have a child with my boyfriend but I do not have a uterus I still have my ovaries and I do not want to use a Serogent mother is it possible someway somehow I can get pregnant and we can have our own child?
Oledarose1 - A uterus is needed for a fetus to grow. Without a uterus you cannot maintain a pregnancy. A surrogate using an implanted embryo from your egg and your boyfriend's sperm is the only way to have a biological child.
Is it possible to have and carry a baby after a partial??? I was told I'm pregnant I had a partial a few years ago.... I had to have a partial because I was misscarying everytime and it was a danger to me.... so I need to know where the baby wud be??? How do I go about this
Pregnancy is almost impossible after hysterectomy. In most documented cases, pregnancy actually occurred prior to surgery. Although rare, there are situations where pregnancy has occurred after surgery. But since there's no uterus / womb to hold the fetus, a pregnancy is not viable and is dangerous. This article may be helpful to you - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2679246.  
I met someone who was born after her mom had a partial..... and well she doesn't have contact with them anymore so I can't really ask them or have her ask them what they did whobgbey saw ect.