Hysterectomy Community
Painful Bloating and Gas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Painful Bloating and Gas

I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy done Sept. 10, 2012. They took everything outI I mean everything. I came home on the 11th to recover. Since then my weight is about 10 pounds more than when I went in. It is now 1:00 in the morning (9-24-12) and I can not sleep or sit in a chair because of extremely painful and gassy bloating. I am in tears because of the pressure and taking something to make me burp doesn't work and I've been taking milk of magnesium. I've been walking more and more as much as I can handle.  Nothing is relieving this terrible pressure. My sides are hardened fat rolls and my stomach looks like I'm pregnant; and I'm 62 years old. Is there anyone that knows what to do to relieve all this pressure in my stomach?  Please, Please, Please! Someone, please give me a remedy to help me with this pain. God bless all of you and thank you for this site..
Cat41187
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
This can well be gas and bloating caused because of gastritis. Taking antacids and a bland diet will help. Also lying in a propped up position should help. But you should consult your Doctor to rule out complications secondary to surgery. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
The amount of gas produced by the body depends upon your diet and other individual factors. However, most people who complain of excessive gas do not produce more gas than the average person. Instead, they are more aware of normal amounts of gas. On the other hand, certain foods and medical conditions can cause you to make excessive amounts of gas.