Hysterectomy Community
Partial hysterectomy instead of tubal ligation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Partial hysterectomy instead of tubal ligation

Has anyone had or heard of anyone that has had a partial hysterectomy (cervix, uterus and tubes removed-ovaries left) instead of a tubal?  I have heard so many horror stories of heavy periods after a tubal, and mentioned that concern to my OB/GYN.  I currently use the Nuvaring, but we are sure we are finished having kids, and I would like to get off hormones (I get the automatic 5lb weight gain).  My OB/GYN recommended the partial hysterectomy.  I am having mixed emotions, I'm looking forward to no period, but am concerned about possible hormonal changes, since I am only 32.  I currently have no "female problems", normal periods, no fibroids (although my mother had them removed recently), nothing.  Just looking for some insight.

Thanks so much!
krwsmum