Post-Ablation Syndrome Pain Relief
Can you suggest any pain medication that might give me relief until I have a hysterectomy.  I am having debilitating pain two or three days every month now.  I have tried aspirin, aceteminophen, ibuprofen, and my doctor prescribed Ponstel. None of this is helping.  A hot bath gives minor relief, as does a heating pad.  I am 48 years old and work full time at a busy law firm.  I had the ablation and tubal ligation approximately two years ago.  It stopped helping me about six months ago, and each month gets worse.  Thanks for any advice.  I am desperate at this point.  It is 3:49 am, and I get up at 7:00 to get ready for work.
Have you tried rotating your pain relievers? For example, take an NSAID (ibuprofen or Ponstel) and then two-three hours later take Tylenol, then 203 hours later take the NSAID again and so on.

Have you asked your doctor for something stronger? Such as a combination of Oxycontin and ibuprofen? You want the NSAID for the inflammation but may need the narcotic for the pain.
I had an ablation as well for pain and constant excessive heavy bleeding on a continual basis. After the ablation my symptoms only stopped before it started again. My OBGYN had no explanation as to why and I ultimately had to have a laparoscopic hysterectomy. This was 4 years ago at the age of 45.