Hysterectomy Community
Post-Op Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post-Op Pain

Three weeks ago, I had a partial abdominal hysterectomy.  The pain is EXCRUCIATING!!!  The pain radiates from the left side of my abdomen to just below my belly button.  I try to get out of bed, I'm doubling over in pain and I'm practically fainting from the pain whenever I stand.  I've taken pain medication, however, my medicine makes me constipated.  I have to take Senokot.  My concerns are having to constantly take medication for bowel movement.  I went to the emergency room last week, the ER doctor told me that my internal stitches were healing.  Is this normal??
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
599170_tn?1300977493
Ask your Dr. for toradal, it is non narcotic, yet a very good strong pain med. i would discontinue the senokot, Increase your fluids alot, also add lots of fruit/. I had a hysterectomy last year, I forced myself to walk I did circles around the main floor of my home. (avoid stairs) If pain continues see Dr. you could have adhesions. Good luck, cherie
Blank
543028_tn?1282432426
awesome .. thats what im going thru also on a tah bso .. i am only 3+ weeks post op but i cry from the pain ... its not as bad as in the hosp but its enuf to make u cry really .. im callin doc in the morning about the non narc pain relief
thanx
sharon
Blank
599170_tn?1300977493
i spelled it wrong, its Toradol, it is so strong it is sugessted for 5 days use only, but it works great,
Blank
599170_tn?1300977493
did you try Toradol? did it help you?

cherie762
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources