Post-Op Pain
Three weeks ago, I had a partial abdominal hysterectomy.  The pain is EXCRUCIATING!!!  The pain radiates from the left side of my abdomen to just below my belly button.  I try to get out of bed, I'm doubling over in pain and I'm practically fainting from the pain whenever I stand.  I've taken pain medication, however, my medicine makes me constipated.  I have to take Senokot.  My concerns are having to constantly take medication for bowel movement.  I went to the emergency room last week, the ER doctor told me that my internal stitches were healing.  Is this normal??
Ask your Dr. for toradal, it is non narcotic, yet a very good strong pain med. i would discontinue the senokot, Increase your fluids alot, also add lots of fruit/. I had a hysterectomy last year, I forced myself to walk I did circles around the main floor of my home. (avoid stairs) If pain continues see Dr. you could have adhesions. Good luck, cherie
awesome .. thats what im going thru also on a tah bso .. i am only 3+ weeks post op but i cry from the pain ... its not as bad as in the hosp but its enuf to make u cry really .. im callin doc in the morning about the non narc pain relief
thanx
sharon
i spelled it wrong, its Toradol, it is so strong it is sugessted for 5 days use only, but it works great,
did you try Toradol? did it help you?

cherie762