Post hysterectomy & vaginal repair
I am in my early 40's and had a vaginal hysterectomy and repair a few days ago.
I am now home and apart from peritoneal tenderness, wind pain and tiredness  I was surprised by v low blood pressure symptoms eg feeling faint a lot and v hot flushes most of the time.
I have kept my ovaries - hence the hot flush surprise, especially since being a 'cold fish' my whole life.

Any explanation or assistance with post op guidance would be v appreciated.
(Especially with the hot flushes and perineal tenderness) ...  and do I need hormone patches if I kept my ovaries?
I see my surgeon in 6 weeks.
Many thanks
:)
In my opinion you should consult a gynecologist and start with hormone replacement therapy for a few days. You can also take Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators like Femarelle which derived from a botanical source (Phytoserms) or phytoestrogens which have an estrogenic effect on the body and therefore create a moderated estrogenic effect.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.