Aa
A
A
Close
Post op Vaginal Hysterectomy
What can I expect post op.  Will I be able to go up and down stairs?  Will I be able to care for myself?  Also if they take ovaries by laparoscopy is that much more post op to delal with?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
332074 tn?1229564125
Post op for me was a breeze. I had a total and had absolutely no problem. I was walking the first day, I took my own shower without help, I was up and down steps without any pain, and I even went back to work the day after I was released from the hospital. For most people going back to work so soon may not be an option, but I sit at a desk all day working on the computer so it was fine for me. Basically you will not be able to drive for a few days, and you will have some weight restrictions but other then that a bloating feeling you will have in your stomach and in your upper back and shoulders for a couple days. They will give you pain meds but I didn't need them. But by all means take them if you need to. The only other thing that I tell you to watch for is post op constipation. This is normal and is the most common complaint after any surgery. I would recommend as soon as you get home to start taking a stool softener. If not you will find out that pushing is not an option and we all know that is not a good thing.

I hope you have as good of luck with your surgery as I did with mine. I look forward to you telling how it went once it is done.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
212753 tn?1275076711
Well you are going to want to take it easy for a bit but walking  should help you recover well as long as you dont over do it.NO wI did take my pain meds when I needed them but I only took them for abourt a week. then I got better and better everday. you will do fine. Just dont try to do too much too soon.
love Venora
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you both for your helpful input.  I am feeling more relaxed about this from comments I am receiving. Thanks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you both for your helpful input.  I am feeling more relaxed about this from comments I am receiving. Thanks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703