Prolapsing Uterus & Endo Cancer Worries
I'm 44yrs. old & have my first ever appointment with a gynecologist coming up in 3wks. time. I procured the appointment because my periods have been wonky this year, coming very close together with prolonged flooding (going through a tampon & back up pad every 10-30 minutes), passing clots the size of golf balls & spotting in between cycles. I'm rather concerned about the possibility of endometrial cancer, especially given my risk factors (nulliparity, early age at menarche, morbid obesity & PCOS). This past week my uterus prolapsed and i can feel my cervix, barely an inch and a half inside the vaginal opening. Its painful and frightening. I cannot help but feel as though my body is rejecting my uterus and trying to expel it. I'm worried that either way, i will be needing a hysterectomy. Is this the only solution, even if there is no cancer found?
HI,
The excessive bleeding that you are having is definitely abnormal and needs immediate attention. However cancer is not the only reason for abnormal bleeding. It can be because of hormonal imbalance, ovarian cysts or benign endometrial hyperplasia etc. Consultation with a gynaecologist, ultrasound scan, Pap smear etc will help make the diagnosis. Medical management of the bleeding is possible if there is no cancer. For the proplapse, sling surgery is one of the options. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
It does help, thank you for taking the time to answer my question!