Hysterectomy Community
REmoval of the lining in the womb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

REmoval of the lining in the womb

Good day

I am a women aged 27 yrs and have been having terrible bleeding, cramps and i was on the pill which didi not help and is considering of removing my lining of womb.
i would like to know if i done the operation would i still have children or will it not be possible.

please help me with some answers.
Hi...
Can you tell me the name of the procedure you are speaking about?
Something like a D&C would just scrap the lining of the Uterus and you can still have children after.  It just kind of cleans your lining out.

If it is a D&C then you can still have children.  But there is another procedure called endometrial ablation.  This is used to treat severe bleeding.  If you have this done you will definitely not be able to have chidren.

This is a hard decision to look at considering your age. Have you tried different pills?  Don't rush into anything and certainly research and get second third and more opinions until you are very sure.

If you are in a steady relationship and ready for it, maybe consider having a child as pregnancy sometimes settles your sort of problems down (though no guarantee, I'm afraid).

Best wishes...