Radical hysterectomy on Oct 26, sed rate at 30
Hi, I am 41 years of age and had a radical hysterectomy (everything but vagina/vaginal cuff was taken) on October 26th. My doctor ran bloodwork yesterday, a complete blood count and sed rate. Complete blood count was perfectly normal, sed rate was 30, normal is 0-20.

Sometimes I run a higher than normal sed rate ever so slightly due to IgA Deficient related inflammatory diarrhea flares that comes and go. I do not have Crohns or UC, nothing like that. Just transient inflammations over the years that always get better. I am having mild diarrhea right now but nothing severe.

I have been reading stuff on CRP and Sed Rate levels post surgery and it appears CRP levels come down much faster than sed rate levels. I was reading a study done on knee surgery patients and it takes 3 months for sed rate levels to go down to pre op levels. I am at 11 weeks post hysterectomy. Could my sed rate be mildly elevated right now because of my surgery?
My sed rate and CRP  are also frequently elevated due to inflammation. My CRP was110 and my sed rate was 55 and they took forever to decrease. Are you taking anti=inflammatory drugs to help bring them down?  Do you have other symptoms, thyroid problems, high BP, lupus, or arthritis?  I have inflammation in my blood vessels. Lots of reasons can be found for these tests to be elevated including surgery. Also, everyone heals at a different rate.  
Hi, thank you for the response!

I don't have anything else that I know of although ever since the hysto, and forced surgical menopause has been in play, I have had sudden joint pain and even carpal tunnel symptoms in my wrists. I have never had this before but I assume it's related to the forced surgical menopause? Though I am not 100% sure. Those symptoms did come on right with the hot flashes and night sweats.

Do you think this still could be surgery inflammation?
I am definitely interested in what the doctor thinks about this question with the sed rate and post op. I hope it gets answered. :)
The new symptoms since surgery are significant and the doctor needs to make a determination as to whether you have new inflammatory problems brought on by surgery or hormonal changes. Maybe suggest anti-inflammaory drugs like higher doses of Motrin or even 325mg of aspirin per day. Are you sure you have carpal tunnel?  There are other reasons for joint and muscle pain.  Do you have fever, even low grade fever might signal
new inflammatory processes.