Sciatica following rectocele repair surgery
I had surgery 6 weeks ago for rectocele, cystocele repirs and a sling. I am having horrible pain in the sciatic region of my back. I cannot sit comfortably and I cannot walk for more then a half hour. I also have trouble having a bowel movement....things don't line up right......I have seen my MD and another MD and have got no answers...HELP
Prior to my surgery I had horrible pain like that in my back....sciatic region...the surgery took most of it away.  I have a tiny bit but nothing compared to what I had.  It was a miracle for me, that it took away the pain.  Try an antiinflammatory med. Also those heat pads with medication in them helped me quite a bit.  You know they are adhesive pads and it puts a warmth in there from the medicated pad. I can't think of the name.  Heat to the area helped me.
I also just had(5-29-08) a cystocele,enterocele, rectocele repair and am having severe burning left leg pain when I have a bowel movement or stand or sit.  The rectocele repair was a surprise ot me the am of surgery as I had told dr.I wasn't having any problems with that, just bladder falling into vaginal area.
I don't even have an urge to have a bowel movement and couldn,t get past the pain to have one if I didn't start it with a little soap and warm water enema.
Called dr.yesterday to tell him--he gave me more pain med and I will see him on Thur.  The pain is terrible.
Try Aleve, that really helps so much, but be sure abd take it with food or it will burn a hole in your stomach. I have had just the opposite effect..the surgery took away my sciatica.  I hope this will help you.  The drugstore carries patches for back with medication in them and they help too.