Serious Gas/Abdominal pain after Hysterectomy
I don't know what to do.  I am in so much pain, and no matter what stool softener I've taken I'm in the greatest deal of pain.  It's a constant sharp pain in my stomach, and i feel like it's trapped gas pains as well.  It hurts so bad i cry throughout the day, and the doctors don't seem to have the right answer for me.  Please help
Hi.  So sorry you are hurting so much.  What kind of pain meds have they given you?  Gas pains are definitely common after surgery and can hurt more than the surgery.  You should try taking Ovol or Gas X which will help to break up the gas and try walking around which will get it moving.  I hope you feel better soon.
I am 6 days post - op with a total abdominal hysterectomy. The only thing I have found to help is heat. At night I will take a long, warm bath and lay for a while with a heating pad pressed against my abdomen. In order to release the gas I have to be sitting on the commode. This doesn't help for long periods of time but with this much pain any releif is a good thing. I hope you feel better soon.