Hysterectomy Community
Sex after an abdominal hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sex after an abdominal hysterectomy

How will an abdominal hysterectomy affect my sex life?  Will my husband still find my vagina tight or will I be all loose and sloppy?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
599170_tn?1300977493
My goodness this is a tuff one but I will answer as honestly as I can lets address the tight verses loose issues first. I am not aware of anyone who had a change in vaginal muscle tone or size  due to a hysterectomy so basically if your tight now you should remain so.

Many women ( I did not ) many dont, many do experience alot of difficulty
to become lubricated, easy answer KY jell, as for ability to maintain orgasim you will still be able to you may find it different though perhaps less intense.(or maybe not this varies soooo much)

advice let spouse know all of this take it slow and easy and maybe have a nice glass
ONE of red wine to relax, If your on any meds NIX the wine idea,

also dont give up keep trying.
Blank
907316_tn?1242507529
I had my abdominal hysterectomy 9 yrs ago at age 33 and I can say that I have no problems whatsoever with the tightness/looseness of the vaginal muscles..

And the only problem I have faced is I tend to dry out earlier then I used to but like Cherie said KY does the trick..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...