Hysterectomy Community
Surgical clips just found I believe from a surgery in 2008
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Surgical clips just found I believe from a surgery in 2008

I just found out from a small bowel follow through that I have surgical clips in me. And the last surgery I had done in my abdomen was in 2008 they removed my left ovarie and tubes, every since I have been sick. It has gotten so bad that now I'm on Disability. Because of other major health issues. I stay swollen all of the time. Any Advice?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
If there were surgical clips left in you from an earlier surgery, and if it can be proven that they caused all of your subsequent problems, you have a good case for malpractice against the original surgeons.  Get your medical records (write to the surgeon's office and ask for them) and see an attorney.  If it cannot be proven that your disability was caused by the clips, then at the very least the original surgeon's liability insurance should cover the removal of the clips.
Blank
Annie,

Thank you so much for your insight. I'm going to the Doctor this week to see if they believe it is causing some of my problems.

Again thank you.
Have a Blessed Day
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703