Surgical menopause
It has been a year since my TOTAL hysterectomy. I have seen four OBGYN specialist's since then. Not one has given me any answers about after care. I am on Estrogen (low dose). My estrogen level is still low along with all the factors. I am having stoach pain, my skin is wrinkly, vaginal dryness, cracked nails, a lot of back pain, night sweats, I am pale all the time, sex forget it for the pain is unbearable, urin sprays all over, depression, mood swings and a lot more....Is there any advice out there for me reguarding what to do?
Hi Im so sorry you have so many negative side effects and I got a few thoughts for you..I think your goning to help yourself best by seeing more than one specialist....
for the urine leaking you could have a prolapsed bladder,if not that somethings wrong with the bladder so please see a urologist,,,( I firmily believe in always going to the top dog)

sure sounds like estrogen needs to be adjusted also many of your symptoms could be from under active thyroid so you need a full tyhroid panel blood test any dr can do this a endocrinologist specilises in it,,,,as many as one in ten women develop thyroid issues post hyster ,,,its usually a very easy fix one tiny little pill every am

its normal to be depressed after a surgery especially one that involoves messing your hormones all up,,you may benifit from some anti depressive medications theres a ton of different kinds so it would be best to see a psychiatrist to get whats right for your body chemistry...and if your gyno is not wanting to adjust your HRT please seak out a new gyno for a different opinion,,,,,bio identical hormones are the best.

in the meanwhile try some ky for sex,,,some women have to use it until the hormones are adjusted t increase natural vag lubrication
Hello and hope all is well with you....Thank you very much for your very insightful post. You should join the HERS program, they need people like you who really care. I will look into a couple of things you wrote:) Thank you again!!!!

Bright Blessings
kimmi
Kim, Im very happy here Ive been cl for almost 2 yrs and MH needs volunteers who care too ! Infact we have a wonderful staff who all give alot of their time and do alot of outside research to keep up with the latest,

Im glad you found some of my suggestions helpful,,,,Id almost bet you have a low thyroid you got lots of the symptoms...

hugs

Cherie
I just had my hysterectomy just 2 months ago, September 8th.  Mine was a laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy, a total one.  I'm feeling pretty good.  I'm sorry to hear you're having so many problems.  What does your general doctor say?  It may not be gyn related.