Hysterectomy Community
Swollen Belly
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen Belly

Everyone is saying it is normal but I cannot believe how swollen my belly is after VH
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
599170_tn?1300977493
It is normal you just had major trauma to the abdomen...plus if its only day one or two you may have a lot of trapped gas....The swelling will go down ..I found that a nice ice pac helped placed directly on area where uterus used to be ..use a towel if its too cold..it helps with pain and swellingtrapped gas is released by walking just walk around the house..no steps..if recent surgery..remember rest rest  rest,,youll heal better and faster,,,Best wishes.
Blank
599170_tn?1300977493
ok Liz i just rememberd your prior post your already well into healing well should be with your other symptoms this swelling is concerning...are you running a fever still...if yes go to er,,,you need to figure out whats wrong this isnt right..especially since you had the puncture of the bowel....
Blank
hi liz, i had my partial hysterectomy march 2/09 and have been searching for info about swollen belly and happened upon yours. ...will my swollen belly ever go down?? hope yours is...thanks.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...