Hysterectomy Community
TVT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

TVT

Ihad Tvt on the bladder,three days later I had to have a blood transfusion,as they found a 4cc by 10cc in my lower abdomen. The surgeon said I got it because my veins were enlarged in my uterus and perhaps coughing did it!!!??? He is letting it go for 4 weeks,its painful and hugh.  I have had problems with the tvt also,I want it out and he says it can't come out. Before this surgery I dropped urine maybe 4 times a year when coughing,very little,He insisted I needed it,now I wear a diaper,I urinate every half hour and I have pain when urinating,maybe because of the pressure of the hematoma? I am worried,What can I do???
I am not sure if you are aware that the mesh they inserted in you is made out of something called polypropylene. They commonly refer to this mesh as medical mesh. There is a group on yahoo that you should join and tell the group your story. There is currently a class action suit under way and you can inquire about this as well. You surgeon is being truthful with you that it "can't" come out. He could have taken it out at day 3 but now that you are day 23 it has become part of you. From what I understand if they did try to remove it they actually have to remove muscle and tissue and it is a very serious operation.

I am one of the fortunate ones to find this yahoo group before I embarked on this surgery. I have learned that I must do my homework when it comes to my health care. I have had numerous surgery but 3 out of the last 4 were near disasters. They use Vycril stitches as they are self absorbing and strong suture material to hold things in place. I had serious reactions to 3 surgeries in a row and they all used Vycril. The last surgery I had they did not use Vycril and I was fine. I don't think that this is coincidental nor do I think the symptoms you are experiencing are normal.

Here is the link to the medical mesh yahoo group. This group will help you, support you and offer you invaluable information to try and get you the help that you need.

You are in my thoughts; please let us know how you are doing.

Warmest Regards,

canadianmom1997