Vaginal Cuff Biopsy
I don't know if I am posting in the right place.....if not sorry! But here goes........
I am 38 (turn 39 next week), I had a TVH in June of 09. They took my right tube & ovary. I still have my left tube & ovary in tact. The reason for my TVH was because of a uterine prolapse and a large cyst on my right ovary. I have had no problems since the TVH up until 3 weeks ago......intercourse started becoming painful again.....so I made an appt to get it checked out. My DR saw a granuloma on my vaginal cuff and referred me back to the DR that did my TVH. I saw him today and he saw 2 areas that looked "suspicious" so he wanted to look at them under the endoscope.

Got in there and the the 2 areas turned into just 1 area......so he took a biopsy today. When he was doing the exam he said the granuloma looked suspicious because it had some color to it. Have no clue what that means if anyone has any insight or experience with vaginal cuff biopsies PLEASE fill me in!!!! lol I am clueless..... I have no idea how long the biopsy results usually take to come in (was so taken aback I forgot to ask).....I KNOW NOTHING!!!! lol I am really trying hard no to worry but I am a worrier by nature so that part is not going so well!!! lol

Thanks for listening to me ramble!!
Any posts are GREATLY appreciated!!!

Lisa =)
Granulomas in the vaginal cuff frequently occur at the site of suturing. Most of the times, this is a benign condition and is amenable to treatment. However if it is looking suspicious then it is necessary to rule out infection, inflammation and cancer. This will become clear in the biopsy report. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.