Hysterectomy Community
Vaginal Hysterectomy and Bladder Suspension
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vaginal Hysterectomy and Bladder Suspension

I am scheduled to have a partial vaginal hysterectomy (just removing my uterus) and a bladder suspension surgery. I am wondering what to expect in recovery? For example: How long will I have to stay in the hospital? How long will I have to have a catheder? How long will I bleed? How much pain will I have and what type of medication will they give me? Is it true that most women gain weight after this surgery?
Related Discussions
599170_tn?1300977493
Hi, welcome to the hyster forum, I hope to offer you some comfort and information. Most insurances push people out of hospital rather quickly you may if lucky get 2 nights in hospital because of having the suspension as well as hyster,. most likely you will just get one,.which I believe is ridiculous, But to fight it is like banging ones head against a brick wall. I had very very serious neck surgery and got one night plus they let me stay till 2 pm dr had to fight for me to get extra 1/2 day.

Catheter will come out within a few hours after you awaken. They will want you to void normally. This is in your best interest the longer a cath stays in the higher a chance of a UTI..You should not bleed too much it will be red for just a bit then turn brown ,,

You will most likely be placed on narcotic pain medications. Yes most women gain weight not all.
Please go to my home page, just click on my icon I have a rather extensive journal about pre and post op hints. there is valuable information especially on the narcotic pain meds,

good luck anymore questions do feel free to ask.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank