Hysterectomy Community
Whats left and where?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Whats left and where?

I had a partial hysterectomy several years ago due to endometriosis. I would like to know a few things about whats left and where it is located. How thick is the vaginal wall where they sealed it off? Where are my ovaries now that my uterus is gone? Do I still have falopian tubes and where are they at now? Are my ovaries sealed off from my vagina? What is DIRECTLY above the vaginal wall where it was sealed up (where the uterus used to be)?  Are there major veins above the vaginal wall?

I would like to help and I will do the best I can..partial hysterectomy is when no "everything is taken" a complete is uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes and ovaries.

I need to know exactly what you had removed..example some woman have uterus removed, cervix left and maybe just one ovary taken..this is still a partial hysterectomy.

I dont know how thick the vaginal wall is , it sounds like you had cervix removed they make a vaginal "cuff:" when removing cervix..best to be thick,,have answered many posts where too thin causes bleeding.

If you still have ovaries, they have not moved, same with fallopian tubes, there is a lot of vascular ( blood flow) to both..

Directly above vaginal wall is likely fat and muscle tissue..sometimes the bladder prolapses a bit.not usually.

there are veins everywhere in the body.As far as I know there are no "major veins" you may want to check this with your Dr. May I ask why its a concern to you? Is something wrong that your not mentioning?

All the best

Cherie
I still have my tubes and ovaries. I am not sure about my cervix. There was no reason to remove it as it was unaffected but it could have been taken too.

Nothing is wrong with me...other than I am desperate to have a baby. I am 38 now and will soon be approaching an age of no hope to have a baby. I am not rich by any means and cant afford surrogacy which can amount to a whopping $80k and not covered  by any insurance at all. I have searched outside of the US for surrogacy and even in the cheapest third world country, it will be $20k plus travel expenses with no guarantees and no money back if it fails. Its horrible to put a price tag on a baby like that and I get so upset even going to walmart and seeing all the babies and watching tv and seeing teens "accidentally" getting pregnant and not wanting it. Even adoption costs around $20k in foreign countries and waiting lists years long. It's frustrating.

I am willing to risk my life and try other means of getting pregnant and hope to carry it long enough for it to survive. I have seen so many people carry a baby in their ovary or abdomen. I am willing to inject sperm myself in that general area and pray i can get pregnant from it at some point.

Sound desperate? Trust me...I am....and heart broken.
i know carrying your own baby is probably what u really want but, have u looked in to being a foster mom? there are alot of babies and children that need a good momma. Even if its for a short time. To many lost little babies in this world. Just trying to help in some small way. Best of luck in you journey.