Hysterectomy Community
Wondering what is going on with uterus and waiting is forever

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Hi everyone. I was recommended to this site to help during these trying times. In August of 2011 I  dropped my first orange size clot in the middle if my cycle. I was scared out of my mind. I stood up out if the car and had blood from waist to all the way inside my shoes. I went to my family dr who ordered a vaginal ultrasound and did a biopsy of uterus. The biopsy came back as a false neg? Because it was not of the walls. The ultrasound showed masses. Needless to say I let it go because I didn't have insurance. Now today I sit and wait for April third to come to found out the course of action the specialist wants to take because my uterus is a third bigger than it should be, extremely thick uterun walls, and polyps. I have bleeding all the time, heavy vaginal discharge, leg and lower back pain, pelvic pain, periods are so extreme I have to change every half hour and go through to boxes of pads or tampon, and at night I have to get up just as often or I have the yucks running down my legs. The past few months I have been getting extremely tired or fatigue easily. Maybe I should not have waited almost two years to take care of something because now it is a lot worse. Ps I also have lymph nodes that flare up in groin and neck and ear area. .

Hi, and welcome to this forum. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't have an answer as to what may be going on. It does sound like you may be iron deficient. This is common with heavy bleeding. You probably should get started on an iron supplement. I would also recommend calling your Dr to be put on the cancellation list. That way you might be able to get in much sooner.
Hi Greenidangl76,

I just read your post. You've been through a lot. It must have been so scary
when the first huge clot happened in your car. I agree you shouldn't have
waited two years to have this attended to. However, atleast now you will
be seen by a specialist. I hope the specialist helps you find out what's going
on and that you get your necessary medical help. I wish you well. Eve :)
Are you feeling better ? I noticed just a few minutes ago that you posted
these comments on March 24 and April 3rd has come and gone ?
Hi I had my uterus, Fallopian tubes and one ovary removed Feb 8th 2013 for endometriosis...luckily most of my pain is gone and I am now menses free:) however...I am extremely tired all the time! I just feel sad and no desire to do things I used to enjoy doing! BLOATED, BLOATED, BLOATED...I swell up and put 4lbs on in just a couple days! What is causing this??? I have done ALOT of reading and it seems I may have estrogen imbalance?? Has anyone experienced this? Thanks