abd hyster with BSO
I am 3 weeks post-op after having had a total abdominal hysterectomy with BSO. Spent 10 days in the hospital with a pretty bad post-op abdominal infection, 104 temps, large bowel ileus, vomiting, the whole gammit. Now I am home and healing, but having repeated hot flashes and night sweats. I'm finding it very hard to sleep, and along with the hot flashes are ridiculous spurts of being very quick to anger. Normally, I'm am a pretty calm person and not quick to anger. This is a side effect that I wasn't counting on. I've been researching my options, but find myself more confused than ever as far as what to do. I see my OBGYN in 3 weeks, and I'd like to be able to offer some suggestions about my care, but just feel lost and depressed. The only thing good I see right now is that I at least still seem to have a sex drive (not that I can do anything about it yet), but it gives me a little hope. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm so sorry to hear you were so sick after your surgery.
The hot flashes, night sweats and quick temper are hormone related. This is extremely common after a hysterectomy.
I would recommend that you do research on bio identical hormones and find a Dr in your area that prescribes them. Maybe your OB/GYN does.
No, do not have sex until you see your Dr at your 6 week check and get the okay. Take care. Remar
Thanks for the advice. It gives me a starting point on something specific to look for. It's really appreciated. Phoenix
Your very welcome. I hope you feel better soon. Please keep us up to date on how your doing and take care. Remar