Hysterectomy Community
abd hyster with BSO
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

abd hyster with BSO

I am 3 weeks post-op after having had a total abdominal hysterectomy with BSO. Spent 10 days in the hospital with a pretty bad post-op abdominal infection, 104 temps, large bowel ileus, vomiting, the whole gammit. Now I am home and healing, but having repeated hot flashes and night sweats. I'm finding it very hard to sleep, and along with the hot flashes are ridiculous spurts of being very quick to anger. Normally, I'm am a pretty calm person and not quick to anger. This is a side effect that I wasn't counting on. I've been researching my options, but find myself more confused than ever as far as what to do. I see my OBGYN in 3 weeks, and I'd like to be able to offer some suggestions about my care, but just feel lost and depressed. The only thing good I see right now is that I at least still seem to have a sex drive (not that I can do anything about it yet), but it gives me a little hope. Any suggestions would be appreciated.