another transvaginal ultrasound
i am having another transvaginal ultrasound again one month apart from my last one. my endometrial lining was5.7 now it is up to 7 cm. the endometrial biopsy specimen didnot have enough tissue for a dx.  the gyn stated we will do a repeat transvaginal ultrasound of your lining if remains thick we will do a d and c . i said yes, i prefer that to the painful endometrial biopsy which i had two of 6 months apart. they were benign so far. they are also monitoring a 3.2 left ovarian cyst. the ca 125 blood test i just took is normal. anyone have these situations. how did you all do. any help would sure help. thank you everyone.
HI,
Endometrial lining of 7mm is not very thick and should not be the cause of worry unless you have certain high risk factors. Also the thickness of the endometrium varies during the various phases of the menstrual cycle. An endometrial thickness of over 10mm really requires investigations.
Hope this helps.
dear dr wanjari i am postmenopausal and i never had children. i am high risk for uterine cancer. i no longer have periods since 2001. i have no bleeding ever. do you think 7 mm of endometrial thickening warrants a d and c. everytime i go i get a different number!!!! HELP why is this