Hysterectomy Community
bleeding 15 yrs after hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

bleeding 15 yrs after hysterectomy

I am having spotting after 15 years. Is this normal?
Basing the info off my grandma and mother- no, it's not normal. My mom had her hysterectomy in '88 or '89 and hasn't had a single episode of spotting since. My grandma had her's done in the 70's and although she did have some spotting it was due to colon cancer she was ignoring. (She had symptoms of colon cancer for 15 years that she ignored before she started spotting then bleeding every time she had a BM.) Now I'm not saying this to scare you, only to show that this could be a sign of something more serious and shouldn't be ignored.

Because it could be a sign of something more serious, and it is counter intuitive to what I've heard from people with hysterectomies, I strongly suggest making an apt with a gyn asap. Especially if you got your hysterectomy due to cervical cancer.

Thanks for the info. I guess i knew it wasn't normal but i was hoping to be wrong as i have no insurance and can not afford a Dr.
Yeah, that makes it hard. But it's much better to be safe than sorry, even if it does make you a little more out of pocket. :/
ok I am going to see my doctor today. The bleeding is getting heavier. starting to be scary.
Good luck!