Hysterectomy Community
can i carry a baby?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can i carry a baby?

can i still carry a baby if ive had a hysterectomy but still have one overy left?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1105753 tn?1374290948
If you had a full hysterectomy, they take out your uterus so you wouldn't be able to carry a baby yourself. You could have someone else carry a baby from an egg from your ovary
Blank
599170 tn?1300977493
hi Above poster is correct, its very possible if your eggs are healthy and viable to have them harvested and used for invitrofertilisation with a surrogate, that way the baby would genetically be 100% yours and your spouses DNA.

Cherie
Blank
if u had a total hysterectomy u would have no ovaries. if u have one ovary chances are u have your uterus? u have to have a uterus to carry a baby
Blank
599170 tn?1300977493
Many woman have wats called a partial hysterectomy..this is uterus sometime incudes cervix sometimes not. A complete hyste is tubes, ovaries, uterus and cervix.

If her one ovary has "good eggs" she can use a surrogate.
Blank
I had a hyesterectomy in 03, complete and know my husband 6 yrs younger wants a child from his own loins.  I don't/have not harvest any eggs.  Any ways of given him  his own child without infidelity?

***@****
Blank
I had my uterus removed but have my eggs,  and my boy friend eventually wants children of his own,  is there any chance for me to carry a baby myself?  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...