Hysterectomy Community
can't stop sweating since got stitches out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Hi! had hysterectomy (uterus and cervix removed), they left both ovaries and fallopian tubes as they were in good health.  I waited about 1 and 1/2 weeks instead of one week to get the stitches out (i have been feeling so sore and nauceous and dizzy....and the car ride to get the stitches out reminded me so much of the ride back from the hospital right after the operation...every damn pothole, I felt it!! Anyway, I felt like fainting after the stitches were out and it really hurt because it felt like the stitches were growing into the skin...ouch!! But dr. said everything looks healthy and healed. I went home and was so tired, went to sleep and have been sleeping as much as possible because I feel soooo weak and when I'm sleeping, have the sweats CONSTANTLY.  So thirsty too.  I always have had a lower blood temperature like 97.5 but for me, I would say i had a low grade fever at 98.2.  Has anyone else have sweats 2 weeks after their hysterectomy and everyone around them is cool or even a little cold???
Hi twinner1234,

Just an idea. Perhaps you should go and make an appointment with your
family doctor. I've never had a hysterectomy, but the fact you have a
low grade fever, that you're sweating constantly, very thirsty and in
pain, I would think is a reason to go and see your family doctor just to
make sure everything is okay. I wish you well . Eve
After my full hysterectomy I had night sweats for about 3 weeks in  row, they finally stopped when they upped my HRT dosage patch.

Can you request a blood test to make sure your ovaries are still working? I had one initially removed about 4yrs ago due to cyst, however, I would have night sweats, BUT for me it was normal I have had night sweat only for the past 20yrs. I am now 43. Before my hysterectomy my remaining ovary was basically not functioning according the FSH blood test, that is why they went ahead and removed it. I am on the HRT patch and feel great...
I didn't realize, because since I live with my twin sister, she had her hysterectomy 1 month before me and I was helping her all the time, helping her to get up and back into bed, got her pills (the same as she is doing for me) I had my mind on fixing food and taking care of her that I didn't know until she told me, " You're going thru the exact same thing that happened to me."  I didn't think she had the sweats all the time because she hardly talked about it and my mind was on so many things...duh! We're identical so we even feel each other's pain...some people might say, "yeah right." But it's true...at least for me and my twin.
It takes awhile to get over this surgery. Follow Drs orders and get as much rest as possible. It sounds like you're trying to do that now which is good for you. Walk around when you can but no lifting, taking stairs or having sex for 6 weeks. Even though you have your ovaries you may want to talk to your Dr about hormone therapy, like the above poster said. I would also recommend getting a blood test done to see if your white blood cell count is high. That would mean an infection.