Hysterectomy Community
chest pain/ green stool

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

chest pain/ green stool

I just had a complete vaginal hysterectomy 5 wks ago.  Currently I'm using the vivelle dot which is the patch.  I have been experiencing pain on the left side of my chest.  I don't think it's associated with my heart. It also bothers my left arm and shoulder. Could it be from the patch?  Another question. For the past week, I've only had green stools.  They are sort of gritty looking in texture.  Some are hard and some are just normal. No loose bowels though.  Could this be a sign of something serious?
Yes, it cold be. I am not concerned about the stool but you need to get to a doctor asap about the chest, arm and shoulder pain. That is a sign of a heart attack.
I agree with jml - get to the doctor ASAP. Women have totally different symptoms of heart attacks then men have.

As for the green stool - I have that sometimes. It could be caused from anything from food to vitamins. Or it could be maybe you've had a stomach upset.
I had an hysterectomy two weeks age, a few days after my operation i started to experience tightening of the left side of my chest and back periodically, its not painful it's more like pins and needles.  I am concerned about this so i will be making an appointment to see my GP.  
I had that too, but it was right after surgery and it was on the right side. I experienced this for a couple of days after the surgery. Do you think it could be from the gas they blow into your abdomen during surgery? I think if the pain is still there I would see the doctor ASAP.
Its possible that its gas...............however,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get to the doctod ASAP..........no use taking chances.they will no what to look for to put your mind at ease.  I have had occasional left chest pain also, I am 2 weeks post op........however I have had a heart work up and know its not that....you didn't mention age did you?  Please call your doctor. Get back to us and let us know.
Madge