Hysterectomy Community
cysts after hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

cysts after hysterectomy

in 2005 i had a full hysterectomy due to many many years of endo and cysts. in 2007 i had abdominal pain that i knew all to well. but i was shrugged off saying it was in my head. in feb. 2008 the pain came back again. i had ended up in ER and they did a MRI and siad my left ovary looks normal. after i got over the shock i told him he was wrong to look again. he said thats what the report shows i went to an GYN and he dismissed me and said he would have a talk with the radiology head and get to the bottom of it cause it wasnt possible. duhhhh. well long story short i went in for surgery and had a endo filled cyst removed from the spot where my left ovary should have been. well feb. 2009 that pain we all know all to well was back. my doc tells me to go home and put a heating pad on it my stomach it would feel better. its not female related problem. two days later i ended up in the ER and guess what the MRI scan says my left ovary looks normal. WHAT... My question is why does this keep happening my doctor told me in the beginning that the hysterectomy would fix this. but it didnt and i want to know why, i gave up the chance to be a mother again. i wanted a second child but i couldnt go thru any more surgeries one a year for 5 years was enough.
Hi, I think I understand your question but to clarify please when you say you had a complete hyster you do infact mean they took your ovaries and fallopian tubes as well as uterus and cervix correct?

I find it very odd indeed that a cyst was in exact spot where ovary used to be..heres my "theory" it happens, drs can leave a sliver a small small portion of ovary , this can be due to any surgical difficulty, it is called an ovarian reminant, this can still produce trickles of hormones and thus,,,,cysts to a person like you prone to cysts

ask your dr his thoughts on this theory if, he perchance performed your surgery he is not likely to admitt any possibility of this,,,

also I dont like the idea of er telling you to go home and use heat..heat can be a really really bad thing,,if a cyst was about to rupture what would heat do  help it to rupture,,heat increases swelling and bleeding,,try and ice pack next time, see if it helps better, ice doesnt sound comforting but it really is effective for many types of pain.

I dont have an answer as to why,,but do not stop looking until you find it. I had a situation w my neck it took me 3 years and I had to go from nice to down right mean to get answers so if Nice isnto working get pushy do what you must.

C
I am in the hospital right now , 6 weeks after a complete hyster with a non-infected cyst that came from........no one knows!!! They drained it and will probably have to drain it again but leave it in. Where do these come from and will they keep coming back?
Hmmm - So they did a "complete" hysterectomy (uterus, ovaries, tubes) because you had an ovarian cyst? Yet they could not remove the cyst? Maybe I am misunderstanding.