Hysterectomy Community
cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

cysts

I am a 33 year old mother of four. I have always suffered with cysts on ovaries and very heavy and painful periods, resulting in me having d&cs and the balloon thing inside. But lately sex with my husband has been very painful during and after, also I'm in pain nearly everyday. I was hospitalised 2weeks ago and spent 5 days there. They found I have a cyst in my uterus and an enlarged right ovary. I am currently waiting for a colonoscopy but I'm still in a lot of pain and very worried that I'm going to suffer all my life with these problems. Can I just ask for an hysterectomy after suffering for over 20 years I've had enough. Thanks in advance for any advice
Hysterectomy should only be sought for if you do not desire to have any children in future. Other than that for ovarian cysts, the other treatment option is use of contraceptive pills or progesterone pills. It can also be treated surgically and this procedure is known as drilling. Other modes of treatment are laparoscopic surgery, laparotomy or surgery for complicated ovarian cysts.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.