Hysterectomy Community
do i really need a hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

do i really need a hysterectomy

My doctor suggested that I get a hysterectomy de to systs on my ovarieies that are very painfull during menstral cycle .I wonder if it is really necisary to go to such a drastic measure and if so will my very active sex life with my spouse cease to exist!! will I need hormone replacement he says no? any suggestions on making the decision because he says its necissary but ultimatly its up to me
134578_tn?1383690151
What is your age?  Ovarian cysts are indeed very painful, but I'm surprised at any doctor who would automatically reject the notion of hormone therapy after a hysterectomy (unless, of course, you are nearing menopause, and even then I would protest the approach in your shoes).  I would talk to a different ob-gyn.  

ps -- Your sex life is not kaput after a hysterectomy.  The uterus is not necessary for having sex, it's not your vagina.  But I would ask about the hormones for this reason alone.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...