do i really need a hysterectomy
My doctor suggested that I get a hysterectomy de to systs on my ovarieies that are very painfull during menstral cycle .I wonder if it is really necisary to go to such a drastic measure and if so will my very active sex life with my spouse cease to exist!! will I need hormone replacement he says no? any suggestions on making the decision because he says its necissary but ultimatly its up to me
What is your age?  Ovarian cysts are indeed very painful, but I'm surprised at any doctor who would automatically reject the notion of hormone therapy after a hysterectomy (unless, of course, you are nearing menopause, and even then I would protest the approach in your shoes).  I would talk to a different ob-gyn.  

ps -- Your sex life is not kaput after a hysterectomy.  The uterus is not necessary for having sex, it's not your vagina.  But I would ask about the hormones for this reason alone.