Hysterectomy Community
doc says I may need a hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

doc says I may need a hysterectomy

Hello. I have had a dnc and it stated disordered proliferative endometrium of tubal metaplasia  negetative for endometrial hyperplasia and maligancy    that was the endometrial curettings              then endocervical curettings   said disordered proliferative endometrium with stromal breakdown and patchy tubal meplasia     neg for atypical hyperplasia , dysplasia and malignancy     Should I get a hysterectomy?  I dont know who to ask other than you for your opinion.  Money is an issue I cannot keep going to different doctors  and could you please tell my exactly what does all of this mean?   Thank-you so much
Not sure what all of that means but looks like you got a lot more information that I did. Of course I was still not fully awake when my doc was telling me what was going on. I will ask more questions when I go back Thursday to follow up appt. I wish you the best.
Thank you for writing and good luck to you also
Your first sentance means to th best of my knowledge ...negative for cancer of the endometrium cells of the cervix.

Neg for hyperplasia..means your uterus is of normal size.

I am not qualifed to read a report as detailed as yours, you should write down questions, take to dr and ask him/her....

who told you , you may need a hysterectomy?  did you have the d/c for heavy bleeding?

avoid a hysterectomy until it is last option..its a very very difficult operation to recover from..6 weeks plus.

best of luck

Cherie