does a hormonal treatment is required after hysterectomy
I am 35 and recently undergone hysterectomy operation and two ovaries are left.  The cause for this is uterine fibroid and a nabothian cyst in the uretus and right hydrosalpingitis.  My Dr. told me if I want to keep my uterus, i need to undergo surgery of uterus removal after some time.  Hence, I requested her to remove uterus as I had already undergone caesarian.  Now, I am afraid will I need any hormonal tests ? How do I survive ? Will I get a menopause or any side effects.  I am in such a medical emergency that I requested to remove the uterus.  I am very much worried.  I need to serve for another 26 years.  can I do my job withoug any complications Please give me your best suggestions what care is should take
HI,
As the both the ovaries have been left behind, you should not have menopausal symptoms soon. Also the hormonal problems are likely to be less severe and may appear later. Hence instead of worrying about that you should try to lead a healthy life. Regular exercise and good healthy diet should take care of your health and you should be able to work for a long time.
Hope this helps.
I was 42 when I had my hysterectomy, Now after 9 years I feel hot flashes and hormonal changes, which is normal right?