Hysterectomy Community
endo on appendix
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

endo on appendix

I have had endo for 15+ years. In October 2008  I had a laproscopic hysterectomy removing my uterus and exising the endo., my appendix was covered in "webbing" and adhered to the adominal (abdominal) wall.  My surgeon chose to clean or scrape the appendix clear of the endo webbing and left my appendix intact. I have had pain in my lower right quadrant since the surgery. The pain is extreme when I am in certain positions, sitting, squating, driving, coughing, laying on my right side. I often feel nausous and have extreme fatique. I returned to the surgeon who performed the surgury and was told "surgically there is no reson for your appendix to be hurting" I have tried three times to get a second opinion and once the Dr.'s hear that my appendix was left in after being scraped of endo they really don't want to see me and asure me that its not possible for my appendix to be damaged from the surgery.. I have been told that I am constipated when my stools have been lose since the surgery, I have been prescribed arthritist medicine for inflammation and I have had one older doctor tell me "you need exploratory surgery to see what is wrong". He is also the only doctor to say that it was unheard of to not remove a damaged appendix. I have scheduled an appointment for monday at the facility who performed my surgery to see what they say one year later. My question is "does anyone know if this type case has been reported before and what should I do?" "Has anyone heard of this happening to anyone else?" Thanks for your time and consideration, Lisa